PMS full formis Provincial Management Service. This test is responsible for offering a plethora of government job opportunities to the candidates. The fundamental goal of this test is to control the provincial administrative tasks quite efficiently. PPSC organizes the test every year for evaluating the intellectual level of the candidates. The selected candidates are initially appointed on scale BS-17. However, they will be promoted to the scale BS-18, BS-19, and BS-20 after some years. Let’s discuss all the details of this test
The candidates should have to follow all the instructions befire applying for the test. Moreover, they must understand the eligibility criteria to avoid all kinds of inconveniences during their application procedure. The educational requirement for this test is given below
- The candidate must be graduated from an HEC recognized university. Candidates with a bachelor's degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for this test.
- The fresh graduates or job holders can also apply for this test without any difficulty.
The candidates must be able to understand the test pattern for performing in a better way. They must have to attain at least 40% marks in the exam for relishing their desired future job. The details of questions asked in the exam are given below
- The overall marks of the test is 1400. The exam is categorized into three sections: written test, interview, and viva voce.
- The total marks of the written test are 1200. All the questions related to the compulsory and optional subjects are asked in this section.
- The remaining 200 marks are of viva voce. The candidates need to take at least 40% marks to pass the exam
Duties of a PMS Officer
The responsibilities of a PMS officer are given below:
- The officer should manage the directorate structure of the province.
- He should be capable of handling the administrative duties of the province.
- They accomplish different duties for the welfare of the country. These duties involve Tehsil, District, Division, and many other crucial posts.
This test is liable to grant a wide range of job opportunities to the candidates in the future. Some of these job opportunities are given below:
- The officer can be appointed as Deputy Secretary.
- After passing the test, the candidate can work as Additional Secretary
- The candidate can also be appointed as DCO, DG, and many other relevant posts.
What does PMS stand for?
The abbreviation of PMS is Provincial Management Service.
Why is the PMS test conducted
The test is conducted for directing and controlling the directorate structure in the provinces
Which posts are included in the list for a PMS officer?
The list of posts specified for a PMS officer is as under
- Deputy Secretary
- Additional Secretary
Who conducted the PMS test
The test is conducted by PPSC for offering vacancies in the different posts of Punjab province.
On which scale the PMS officer is appointed according to the Punjab Services Rule initially?
5. On which scale the PMS officer is appointed according to the Punjab Services Rule initially
What is the difference between PMS and PCS
The abbreviation of PMS is Provincial Management Service. On the other hand, PCS stands for Provincial Civil Service. The only difference between them is that the PMS officer will be promoted to the BS-17 or BS-18 scale after 5 years. However, the responsibilities of a PCS officer will remain the same. He should manage the administrative tasks of the government.
What is the eligibility requirement for applying in PMS
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum second division. The university must be recognized by HEC and the candidates can apply through the Punjab domicile.
What is the age limit of the PMS test
The age limit for appearing in the test is 21 to 30 years.
What is the maximum age relaxation limit for the special candidates
The maximum age relaxation is set to approximately 10 years for special candidates.
What is the paper pattern of PMS?
The total marks of the paper are 1400. The written test is of 1200 marks and the viva of 200 marks is also conducted. Questions from the compulsory and optional subjects are included in the written test.
What are the test categories for the PMS exam
There are three test categories for this exam which are as follows
- Written test
- Viva voce
Which documents are required for applying to the PMS test?
Following are the documents required for applying in PMS
- Educational certificates
- Punjab domicile
- Picture of the candidate
What are the learning outcomes of PMS
The learning outcomes of the PMS exam are given below.
- The candidates are made aware of the ways to control the executive structure of the province
- Additionally, the candidates can manage the administrative tasks of the province in this manner
PMS Preparation & Coaching Center In Pakistan
Center for Competitive Excellence Lahore
Central College Kalma Chowk Lahore
Central Group of Colleges, Lahore
Centre of Excellence Lahore
Citi CSS Officers Academy Islamabad
Citi Officers Academy Rawalpindi
Civil Officers Academy Lahore
Destiny Academy for Civil Services Lahore