All those students who have passed their Higher Secondary School Certificate degree and want to get admission to engineering institutes or universities must know that the University of Engineering & Technology conducts exam for entrance and all students are required to pass ECAT where ECAT full form is Engineering College Admission Test. For passing the exam all students should be well aware of the ECAT syllabus 2021 and ECAT paper pattern 2021 according to which they will have to appear in the ECAT exam.
ECAT Syllabus 2021 PDF Download
The students who are planning to participate in the ECAT exam can get their ECAT syllabus 2021 from this page. The students are provided with UET ECAT syllabus 2021 so that they get the knowledge of the exact exam pattern of the university. You can view the whole exam pattern online as well but the best approach is to download ECAT 2021 syllabus so that you can prepare each subject and topic such as Permutation or Energy Catalyzer or Biomedical engineering or Biomedical Sciences or Hydrogen fluoride - Chemical compound or Business administration or Graph of a function with better concentration without getting worried about finding the syllabus to find out which content is included or excluded.
What are ECAT Test Subjects and Subjects Combination?
Following combinations are required to be chosen by the candidates for ECAT Test according to UET:
|Subjects Combination 1||Subjects Combination 2||Subjects Combination 3|
- Intermediate candidates should choose a combination according to subjects of their Intermediate studies.
- DAE candidates have two options as follows:
|Option 1||Option 2|
The students who want to gain admission to the computer engineering or software engineering can also choose FSC (Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science) in their intermediate degree.
How Should I Choose ECAT Test Subject Combination?
You should decide about ECAT test subject combination 2021 in the following way but be careful as it affects your admission application procedure:
- Pre-Engineering combination is eligible to all fields of engineering and sciences technical universities in Punjab.
- Pre-Medical is only eligible for Biomedical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry.
- "Physics, Mathematics, " combination is only eligible to apply in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Architecture, CRP, PID, Physics and Mathematics.
- "Physics, Mathematics, Statistics" combination is only eligible to apply in Architecture, CRP, PID, Physics and Mathematics.
Note: Only DAE qualified candidates can easily choose Pre-Engineering or "Physics, Mathematics" combination.
ECAT Exam Pattern 2021
|No||ECAT Subjects||Total MCQS||Marks|
ECAT Test Pattern
The University of Engineering & Technology conducts the test according to a specific exam pattern which includes Multiple Choice Questions that are based on the contents that students study during their intermediate education level.
- Each question carries 4 marks and in total the ECAT exam is of 400 marks which students will have to attempt in 100 minutes.
- The rule for marking is as follows:
- Correct Answer: 4 marks
- Wrong Answer: -1 mark
- No answer: 0 marks
It means that if a candidate has 40 correct answers, 40 wrong answers and 20 blank answers then marks will be as follows: 40 x 4 + 40 x (-1) + 20 x (0) = 160 – 40 + 0= 120
Does ECAT syllabus comprise of short syllabus or reduced syllabus?
No, ECAT test consists of full books of Intermediate which the students learn in Intermediate regular classes as mentioned by UET in the following way:
You can also take advantage from ECAT Video Lectures from our highly qualified teachers.