Besides the period of training, the most significant part is the CA training areas. While training the students are also provided the stipend specified by the authority. The students are trained in different areas so that they can understand the fundamental concepts of various training areas such as audit, assurance, accounting, financial reporting, taxation, corporate law and some other related fields. It assists them to have the basic knowledge of some significant domains associated with the CA course. Through this essential training, the students can easily move on in their future career of chartered accountant. The allocation of training period differs depending upon the various training areas For example for Audit, assurance and related services the period allocation is "Not less than 1/3rd" as you can see in the following table.
|Number||Training Area||Period Allocation|
|1||Audit, assurance and related services||Not less than 1/3rd|
|2||Accounting and Financial Reporting||Not less than 1/3rd|
|3||Taxation and corporate law||Remaining period|
Financial Management, management advisory and
|5||Any area deemed appropriate by Training Organization||Remaining period|
According to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, following guidelines must be followed by the students:
- A written contract will be made between the Trainee Students and their Training Organization.
- The contract will be accomplished after probationary period of training and will be registered within the prescribed time.
The training period differs according to the qualification of the students at the start of training, If the student has completed CAF or equivalent then 3.5 years of training period is required to complete. If the student has completed 4 years of Graduate program then 3 years of training is required to complete further. If the student has completed 14 years of Associate degree then 4 years of training period is required to complete. Following table shows the exact period of training as well as qualification of the student.
|Qualification||Period of Training|
|CAF or equivalent||3.5 years|
|Four year Graduate / Post Graduate from Specified Degree Awarding Institutes (SDAI) or Relevant Degree Awarding Institutes (RDAI)||3 years|
|Four year Graduate / Post Graduate from any Institution with major in accounting or finance||3 years|
|All Graduates of 14 years associate degree holders||4 years|
- The students are required to complete a probationary period for training.
- This probation period is properly documented.
- The students must inform his joining to the Institute within two weeks from the date of joining.
- The students should show satisfactory performance during probationary period.
- Trainee shall be eligible for minimum stipend specified by the Council during the probationary period.