The general eligibility criteria for MBBS in Pakistan colleges and universities are as follows. It is also applicable for eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS in Punjab and in other provinces.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 12 level of education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects for MBBS Pakistan eligibility criteria.
- The minimum score requirement may vary but general candidates must have scored a minimum of 65% marks within the Intermediate examination.
- The lower MBBS eligibility age is 17 years.
- The upper regulation to use for MBBS program is 25 years
- Candidates must perform the specified entrance examination for the MBBS admission eligibility such as MDCAT.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023 Table of Contents
- MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023 For Pakistani Student
- MBBS Admission Requirements for Foreign Students
- Selection Criteria for MBBS
- Ineligibility/ Cancellation of Admission in MBBS
- MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023 For NUMS
- University of Health Sciences UHS
- DOW University
- Fatima Memorial Hospital College FMHC
- Liaqat National Medical College LNMC
- Rashid Lateef Medical College RLMC
- Lahore Medical and Dental College
- Khyber Medical University
- Akhtar Saeed Medical & Dental College
- The University of Lahore
- Hamdard University
- Azra Naheed Medical College
- Poonch Medical College
MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023 For Pakistani Students
Below is the MBBS degree eligibility criteria in Pakistan which is followed by many colleges and universities:
- For MBBS course eligiblity, intermediate students, having twelve years education of (HSSC) or FSc or equivalent with pre-medical combination with 65% marks may be minimum eligibility criteria for MBBS program admissions in Pakistan.
- A-level student, having a course from a far off education system or university or examination body with a minimum of three science subjects i.e: chemistry, biology and either physics and mathematics and securing minimum seventy percent marks and such course must be recognized by the Inter Boards Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) for equivalency to FSc according to HEC.
MBBS Admission Requirements for Foreign Students
- Students must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) / HSSC / A-Level/ 12th Grade examination or equivalent outside Pakistan for MBBS doctor eligibility.
- Must have secured 65% marks or more in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) / HSSC/ A Level / 12th Grade examination or equivalent as per equivalence certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) and must have passed at least three (03) compulsory subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics OR Mathematics.
- Must have passed MDCAT with at least 65 % marks.
Selection Criteria for MBBS
Merit list of MBBS is going to be prepared according to the following general criteria. It may vary from university to university.
10% matric + 40% FSc pre-medical / A level + 50% MDCAT
Ineligibility/ Cancellation of Admission in MBBS
- The candidate must not expelled/rusticated from any institution.
- The admission is often terminated at any stage just in case of false information
- The admission committee may refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
Eligibility Criteria of NUMS
After passing the test students always wait for admissions, so their wait have finished and they can acquire admission in NUMS MBBS according to the Eligibility Criteria. To acquire the Open Merit detail of NUMS, passing marks, minimum aggregate for Pakistani and Foreign candidates. Here students can get the Merit Formula to acquire admission in MBBS.
For Open Merit:
- Pakistani students can apply to get admission in Army Medical College Rawalpindi.
- Students must obained 55% Marks in MDCAT.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in FSC/equivalent.
- By IBCC Equivalence (A level/12th grade in case of foreign students)
Eligibility Criteria of University of Health Sciences UHS
- passed HSSC (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination with minimum 65 per cent (715/1100) marks. In accordance with the directions of Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), the candidates awaiting their HSSC Special Examination or A-Level (November 2021 Series) Examination result can also apply provided they fulfil other eligibility requirements
- domicile certificate of any district of Punjab. Candidates having domicile of Islamabad (ICT) can apply on open merit seats only
- passed the Medical and Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT) conducted by the PMC with minimum 65 per cent (137/210) marks. The repeating candidates can use their MDCAT-2020 scores subject to equivalence of the same by the PMC.
DOW MBBS Eligibility Criteria
DOW University of Health Sciences has the following eligibility for MBBS:
- Matric / O Level / equivalent examination certificate from Karachi
- Intermediate Science / ‘A’ Level / equivalent examination from Karachi
- Minimum marks of 60% aggregate in intermediate Science (Pre-medical) / ‘A’ Level / equivalent examination
- Candidate’s domicile certificate of district Karachi
- Candidate’s permanent residence certificate (PRC, on Form-C) of district Karachi
- Candidate’s CNIC (Computerized National Identity card ) or B form (if he/she is under 18 year of age)
- Candidate’s father domicile of Sindh province on form P-1.
- Father’s National identity card of NADRA with permanent address of Sindh
Check: MBBS admission process 2022 and MBBS Fee Structure
Fatima Memorial Hospital College FMHC Eligibility Criteria
- More than 65% marks in FSC or Equivalent.
- The candidate must have passed the MDCAT/Equivalence (if applicable) conducted by the National Medical Authority with minimum 65% marks
- If the candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria, they will not be able to submit the application even.
Liaqat National Medical College LNMC Eligibility Criteria 2023
Minimum 65% marks Intermediate premedical from a recognized Pakistani Board
OR From an outside Board (e.g. O/A Levels, American/Canadian High School, etc) with 65% marks equivalence with at least three science subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics certified by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
- Students appearing in the November 2021 CAIE Examinations should submit their Statement of Results on result announcement and the IBCC equivalency as soon as available.
- Minimum 65% marks on MDCAT conducted by the PMC.
Eligibility Criteria 2023 of Rashid Lateef Medical College RLMC
- must have passed MDCAT test 2021 with 65%
- must have scored 65% or more with at least three science subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics in FSc or equivalent
Lahore Medical and Dental College Eligibility Criteria
- The student must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical)/HSSC or an equivalent examination from outside Pakistan with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with 65% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC
- A student must have passed in the Entrance Test (MDCAT) conducted by National Medical Authority of Pakistan Medical Commission with at least 65% marks.
Khyber Medical University Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must obtain minimum 65% marks in Higher Secondary School Certificate or F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent qualification from any BISE in Pakistan or abroad.
- The candidates who have appeared in the Medical & Dental Colleges Admission Test (MDCAT) 2021 and have passed MDCAT examination with 65% or above.
- SAT-II, is not applicable for admission in 2023-23.
- The candidates must have domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Eligibility Criteria of Akhtar Saeed Medical & Dental College
- Minimum 65% or above marks in FSC/HSSC or A-Levels or equivalent IBCC certificate
- 65% or above marks in MDCAT or SAT II.
- In the case of SAT II (for foreign students only), 60% or above in each subject.
Eligibility Criteria of The University of Lahore
- Passed HSSC (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination with 65% marks. The candidates awaiting their A-Level (November 2022 series) result can also apply.
- Passed the MDCAT test of PMC with 65% marks.
- The applying student must have obtained 65% or more aggregate score (in all subjects cumulatively) in their F.Sc /A-Level qualification.
Hamdard University Eligibility Criteria for MBBS
- Matriculation (SSC) certificate or result sheet issued by the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education / Equivalence certificate of O-Level, issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) Pre-Medical result issued by BISE/ Equivalence certificate of A-Level, American 12th grade, issued by the IBCC in Science subjects (Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics).
- MDCAT result issued by PMC. Repeating candidates may use MDCAT 2021 results.
- For Haffaz-e-Quran, certificate issued by the Wafaq-ul-Madaris or comparable board.
- Candidates with disability are required to submit Disability Certificate issued by a specialist working in a government hospital.
Azra Naheed Medical College Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have minimum 65% marks in HSSC Pre-Medical or Equivalent qualification declared by IBCC
- Must have passed PMC MDCAT Examination with minimum 65% or 137 marks
- For "Foreign Seats", the candidate must have minimum 65% marks in HSSC Pre-Medical or Equivalent qualification declared by IBCC
- Foreign candidates must also have passed PMC MDCAT Examination with minimum 65% or 137 marks.
- The college test of 200 marks with a 20% weightage in the merit. It includes Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The interview with 5% weightage and will test the student's emotional intelligence and general knowledge.
Poonch Medical College Eligibility Criteria
- Passed HSSC/FSC pre-medical or equivalent with minimum 65% marks or 715/1100 marks. Fresh applicants can show only total marks with three subjects i.e. physics, chemistry and biology.
- Passed MDCAT 2022 with 65% marks or 137/210 marks
- For foreign seats, SAT II scores with minimum 65% marks in each subject of physics/maths, chemistry and biology or international MDCAT 2022 with 65% marks
MBBS Eligibility FAQs
Q: How much percentage is required for MBBS in Pakistan?
Ans: 65% is required for MBBS eligibility criteria 2022 in Pakistan.
Q: What is the eligibility criterion for MBBS in Pakistan?
Ans: In Pakistan, minimum 65% marks in Fsc pre medical with biology, chemistry and physics, and 65% marks in national MDCAT conducted by PMC is required for MBBS. The students who fulfill these requirements are eligible for getting admission in MBBS.
Q: Who is eligible for MBBS?
Ans: The students who have passed intermediate with biology, chemistry and physics and national MDCAT, is eligible for MBBS. Minimum 65% marks in intermediate and 65% marks in MDCAT are compulsory.
Q: Can a student eligible for MBBS without passing MDCAT?
Ans: No, a student cannot take admission in any medical college without passing MDCAT with at least 65% marks. For admission in any public or private medical college in Pakistan, MDCAT is mandatory.
Q: Are the students of Fsc pre engineering eligible for MBBS?
Ans: No, the students of Fsc pre engineering are not eligible for MBBS. For admission in MBBS, the students have to pass Fsc with science subjects especially biology. Fsc pre engineering students can go for engineering, not for MBBS.
Q: Do all medical colleges have same eligibility criteria for MBBS?
Ans: For admission in MBBS, eligibility criteria are decided by Pakistan Medical Commission every year. According to PMC, minimum 65% marks are compulsory for getting admission in any medical college either public or private.
Q: Are Fsc pre medical students eligible for MBBS?
Ans: Yes, after passing Fsc pre medical with 65% marks, you are eligible for MBBS. Fsc pre medical students also have to pass national MDCAT with high score for MBBS admission.
Q: How many aggregate is required for MBBS admission?
Ans: The merit of MBBS is very high for public medical colleges. For securing admission in MBBS in public medical colleges, you need more than 92% marks. In private medical colleges, the students have to pass MDCAT only and they can get admission in MBBS.
Q: Are the eligibility criteria different for MBBS in public and private medical colleges?
Ans: Eligibility criterion for MBBS is given by Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC). All students have to pass Fsc pre medical and national MDCAT with at least 65% for admission in public or private medical college.
Q: What is the weightage of MDCAT for MBBS admission?
Ans: 50% of MDCAT is taken for admission in MBBS. Private universities can change this weightage but the students must have to pass MDCAT with at least 65% marks.
Noman23 Sep 2019
I get BIEK Pre Medical 72.18% & Get NTS marks 124,can I get admission in sindh public medical collge in karachi?
Taha09 Sep 2019
i get NTS Marks 102 can i get admission in private medical collages ?
Meherma Fatima04 Sep 2019
I got 73% aggregate can i get admission in private medical colleges in punjab
M Nabanoor Islam Khan17 Apr 2019
My age will be 23 in june 2019. May I apply for MBBS as a foreign student ?
Saman Syed.07 Apr 2019
Kindly tell me the merit percentage for mbbs admission in private universities of pakistan.I shall b thankful.
Furqan Ahmad03 Oct 2018
Can i get admission my obtained fs.c marks is 682 and etea 99
Rimsha Umer27 Sep 2018
my aggregraite is 60%..Can i get admission in any private medical college in punjab
Fatima Younas10 Sep 2017
Please guide me
to continue to ilmkidunya.com
Khyber Medical University Issues Admission Notice for MBBS/ BDS Session 2022-23
UHS Issues MBBS First Selection List for Public Medical Colleges in Punjab
DOW International Medical College Is Accepting MBBS Admissions 2022-2023
MBBS admission 2022-2023 are open at Pir Abdul Shah Jeelani Institute of Medical Sciences
MBBS-BDS session 2022-23 First Provisional Merit List declared by UHS
to continue to ilmkidunya.com
to continue to ilmkidunya.com
to continue to ilmkidunya.com
Please Provide following information to Register