BDS is a four-year degree program offered by several universities in Pakistan. It is the most popular degree after MBBS. There is a large number of dental colleges and universities in which students prepare themselves with great hard work in medicine, diagnostics, and surgical strategies. It is important for every student to know about BDS admission eligibility 2022 in Pakistan.
BDS Eligibility Criteria 2022 Table of Contents
- PMC Eligibility for BDS Course
- NUMS Eligibility Criteria For BDS
- University of Health Sciences UHS Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Fatima Medical Hospital College FMHC Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility Criteria of Islamabad Medical and Dental College IMDC
- Ziauddin University BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility Criteria of LMDC Lahore Medical and Dental College
- Eligibility Criteria 2022 of Bhitai Dental and Medical College
- University of Faisalabad UMDC Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Eligibility Criteria of Azra Naheed Medical College
- Entry Test for BDS
PMC Eligibility for BDS Course
BDS offers the study, diagnosis, prevention, and remedy of diseases, disorders, and situations of the oral cavity. After finishing the BDS degree, the process possibilities for the graduates are huge in numbers inside the personal and public sectors of numerous reputed organizations in Pakistan and abroad, together with a superb salary. You can find BDS admissions 2022 along with eligibility for BDS in Pakistan at Ilmkidunya.com. The eligibility criteria for BDS Admission 2022 students according to PMC is as follows:
Minimum Eligibility Criteria of BDS For Local Students
The minimum education requirement for local students is intermediate (twelve years education) from Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) in F.Sc pre-medical or equivalent. In order to get enrolled in a BDS degree, minimum of 65% marks are required to apply. The minimum eligibility criteria for A-level students are having their foreign education with at least three science subjects:
- mathematics or physics
This course must be recognized by the Inter Boards Committee of Chairman (IBCC) for equivalency to FSc. pre-medical (twelve years of education) or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan with a minimum of 70% marks.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria of BDS For Foreign or Overseas Pakistani Students
The eligibility criteria for foreign or overseas Pakistani students are having completed twelve years of education in order to get enrolled for the BDS degree program. Foreign students can also apply against foreign quota seat in any government dental college or private dental colleges of Pakistan. The students must have gained education with at least these three courses that are:
- Either Math or Physics with a minimum of 70% marks.
These courses must be certified by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) for equivalency to FSc. (twelve years of education) or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan. Foreign candidates also fulfill the requirement in order to get admission which is as follows:
- Having 5.5 or 500 minimum ban score certification of IELTS or TOEFL after one-year English language course offered by the National University of Modern Languages (NUML) certification.
- Having SATII examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three courses i.e biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MDCAT 2022 with a minimum score of 65%.
NUMS Eligibility Criteria For BDS
- Passing National MDCAT with 65% marks is mandatory for admission in NUMS colleges as per PMC regulations 2021.
- Obtained a HSSC/FSc Pre-Medical or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan having obtained more than sixty-five percent (65%) marks or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council.
- Qualifying psychological test is mandatory while merit will be based on MCQs.
University of Health Sciences UHS Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Passed HSSC (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination with minimum 65% (715/1100) marks.
- Domicile certificate of any district of Punjab. Candidates having domicile of Islamabad (ICT) can apply on open merit seats only.
- Passed the Medical and Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT) conducted by the PMC with minimum 65% (137/210) marks. The repeating candidates can use their MDCAT-2020 scores subject to equivalence of the same by the PMC.
Fatima Medical Hospital College FMHC Eligibility Criteria
- He / She must have passed obtaining minimum 70% in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education.
- He / She must have passed, obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate in, an examination from a foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the inter-boards committee of chairmen (IBCC)
Eligibility Criteria of Islamabad Medical and Dental College IMDC
- All of the students have to pass MDCAT examination held by Pakistan Medical Commission. The passing marks for the MDCAT shall be 65%
- Having obtained 65% or more in the F.Sc. or equivalent exam
Ziauddin University BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 60% marks (un-adjusted) in Pre-Medical group of Higher Secondary Certificate Examination held by Board of Intermediate Education in Pakistan.
- Local and overseas students are required to take a written test (MCQs) and appear for an interview.
- Proficiency in English language, both in written and verbal expression is required.
Eligibility Criteria of LMDC Lahore Medical and Dental College
- The student must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical)/HSSC or an equivalent with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with 65% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC.
- A student must have passed MDCAT conducted by National Medical Authority of Pakistan Medical Commission with at least 65% marks.
Eligibility Criteria 2022 of Bhitai Dental and Medical College
- Obtaining minimum 65% marks in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examination having twelve years of education.
- He/She must have passed the MDCAT examination held by Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) or University. The passing marks for MDCAT would be 65%
- Interview is mandatory.
University of Faisalabad UMDC Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Intermediate FSc(Pre- Medical)/A-Level with minimum 65% marks
- MDCAT Test minimum 65% marks
Eligibility Criteria of Azra Naheed Medical College
- For the local Pakistani seats, the candidate must have minimum 65% marks in HSCC Pre Medical or Equivalent qualification declared by IBCC and must have passed PMC MDCAT Exam.
- For Overseas/Foreign Seat, the candidate must have a minimum of 65% marks in HSCC Pre Medical or Equivalent qualification declared by IBCC and must have passed PMC MDCAT Exam or in lieu of MDCAT has passed a foreign SAT II examination with a minimum of 480 marks (60%) in each of the three subjects; including compulsory subjects of Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics.
Entry Test for BDS
A National MDCAT is required for admission to BDS. A minimum score of 65% on the National MDCAT is required for admission. This test is mandatory for admission to medical and dental colleges and universities. You should check admissions in BDS programs if you think you are eligible for BDS.