It is important for the students to know that either they qualify the eligibility criteria to get admission to a BS information technology degree or not. Every university could have different eligibility criteria which every student has to follow.
BSIT Eligibilty Guide
- BSIT Eligibilty Criteria
- General BSIT Eligibilty Criteria in Pakistan
- BSIT Universities Eligibilty Criteria in Pakistan
- Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility Criteria for BS Information Technology
BS information technology degree is the degree to develop, support, devise and execute the information technology. The interested candidate has to follow the eligibility criteria to apply to the BSIT program. BSIT-bachelor of Science in Information Technology eligibility criteria are based on the technical knowledge of the applicants.
- The applicants should complete their 12 years of education before applying for admission for a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must study physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the main subjects in their 12 years of education.
- The students have to clear the cut-off of the entrance test. 40% to 50% weightage is for the entry test.
- A minimum of 50% marks in mathematics, chemistry, and physics are compulsory.
- Admission procedures have to be followed correctly. Incomplete admission forms are not acceptable.
General BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria in Pakistan
BS information technology degree is offered in many famous and high-ranking universities in Pakistan. To get admission in the BSIT program, candidates have to meet eligibility criteria and if any candidate doesn’t meet criteria then her/his admission can be rejected. The general BSIT eligibility criteria in Pakistan is:
- It is compulsory for the applicants to have a Pakistani passport.
- Applicants must clear their FSC and matric with passing marks.
- The age limit for BSIT admissions is 22 years.
- All past certificates should be authorized by HEC and attested by the government officers.
- Applicants must have passing marks in the entry test of every university individually.
- The universities also give extra points on a hafiz-e-Quran and extracurricular activities basis.
- The certificates of O-level and A-level students should be attested to qualify the eligibility criteria for BS information technology.
BS IT Eligibility Criteria in Universities of Pakistan
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria the University of Punjab
Every student has a desire to take admission to this university as it is the highest-ranked university in Pakistan. It is a government university so it pays more attention to the entry test along with the matric and FSC marks. The BSIT eligibility criteria of PU is:
- Intermediate or any other equivalent qualification from the certified board is acceptable.
- For BSIT admission, at least 50% marks are required in matric and FSC.
- There is no entry test required for the BSIT admissions.
- The age limit for bachelor admission is 24 years.
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria UMT
University of management and technology offers 4 years BSIT degree program. The eligibility criteria of the admission enroll into 150+ degrees offered at the university which include bachelor, master, and Ph.D. programs. The eligibility criteria for the BSIT program is:
- 20% marks counts from Matric, 30% marks from entrance test and %0% marks from the intermediate result.
- The interview is very necessary to be passed.
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria Bahria University
Students can achieve the laid down standards of eligibility without any gender, creed, age, or race difference. Those candidates will be selected that will meet the BSIT eligibility of the university. The eligibility criteria of Bahria University is simple which is as follow:
- The selection of candidates is determined on the basis of the percentage results.
- Candidates should have done intermediate or any other equivalent degree by obtaining at least 50% marks.
- The interested candidates have to qualify for the entry test of the university.
- SAT I and SAT II tests are also acceptable if candidates qualified these tests.
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria UOL
This university has different eligibility criteria for every degree program. It offers certified degrees by HEC to the students. This university gives the best platform to the students and trains them with qualified faculty, clean infrastructure, and well-equipped labs. The students should meet the BSIT requirements to qualify in the eligibility criteria of UOL.
- Candidates should have at least 60% marks in matric or O-level.
- Applicants must have at least 60% marks in FSC (pre-engineering/ICS) or A-level.
- The scores of SAT I and SAT II will be considered. Applicants who obtained 1500 scores in SAT I or 550 scores in SAT II are eligible.
- Applicants who appeared in the NAT/NTS and passed the test can also apply.
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria Lahore Institute of Science and Technology
This university offers a BSIT degree which consists of eight semesters. It makes sure that students will be prepared with excellent practical IT skills to provide support to the organizations in building their careers. Interested students have to qualify the BSIT eligibility criteria to get admission to this university.
- Applicants who have 59% marks in FSC//ICS or any other equivalent degree are eligible for admission.
- The admissions are granted on a merit basis.
- 20 marks extra will be given to the Hafiz-e-Quran.
- The maximum age for the BSIT program is 22 years.
- Candidates should have verified certificates from HEC for admission.
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria Minhaj University
The university has the best faculty of IT department. It offers both morning and evening classes for almost every program. This university offers limited bachelors and master’s degrees every year. It offers 4 years BSIT program twice a year. The BSIT requirements of the Minhaj University are:
- Students should have 50% in FSC/FA/ICS/I.Com. Candidates must have valid certificates.
- Math, science, and computer are mandatory subjects for admission.
|O-Level or A-Level||40%|
|Admission Test of Minhaj University||60%|
BS Information Technology Eligibility Criteria Air University
Air University is a well-known university in Pakistan. It offers fall and spring admission every year. The academic eligibility criteria of every program in Air University are similar. Students can get admission to Air University if they qualify the eligibility criteria for the BSIT program.
- The applicants should have a minimum of 50% marks in intermediate.
- The intermediate degree should be done with mathematics, computer, chemistry, and physics subjects. The certificates have to be verified by HEC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is computer subjects compulsory to qualify the eligibility criteria for BSIT?
Ans: Computer subject is not mandatory to be studied in the past education to get admission for BS Information Technology degree. Students can do BSIT after pre-engineering or pre-medical in FSC.
Q: What are the minimum marks required for admission to BSIT?
Ans: The students should have a minimum 50% of marks to get admission to the BSIT program.
Q: What is the age limit required to get admission to BSIT?
Ans: In most of the universities there is no age limit for the bachelor program but students under 22 years are more preferable.