Are you interested to start your higher education at Punjab University and want to have the answers to some questions knocking into your mind? Well, you can find the possible answers to the questions, asked by the students, here on this page. You are recommended to read the answers to the given questions carefully and then start your admission applications for the Punjab University Lahore:
1. What Is The Registration Process For Punjab University?
Students have to get registered online. The online application form is available on the official site of the Punjab University. All the instructions or requirements are mentioned on the application form.
2. How Many Faculties Does The University Have?
Punjab University has 19 faculties and these are listed below:
- Faculty of Agricultural Science
- Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
- Faculty of Electrical, Energy & Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Islamic Studies
- Faculty of Life-Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Business, Economics, And Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Geo-Sciences
- Faculty of Information and Media Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Oriental Learning
- Faculty of Quality and Industrial System Engineering
3. When Admissions Are Open In The Punjab University?
Punjab University offers two modes of learning including private studies and regular studies. For private studies, the admissions are offered annually and the admission session starts from February or March. For the regular studies, the admissions are offered twice a year i.e. fall/winter semester and spring/summer semester. The spring/summer semester starts in February, however, the fall/winter semester starts in September.
4. How To Find The Eligibility Criteria For A Particular Program?
The Punjab University has separate blocks for all the study programs. For example, undergraduate block and graduate block, etc. The admission regulation books are issued every year by the particular blocks or departments. Through this admission regulation book, one can have complete information about the admission procedure at the Punjab University.
5. Does Punjab University Take Admission Test?
The Punjab University may or may not take the admission or entry tests. For example, the entry test for the BS programs, BA/BSC programs, and MA/MSC programs is optional. For some departments, the entry test is taken or for some departments, the admissions are offered without an entry test. On the other hand, for the LLM/ M.Sc (Engg)/MS/M. Phil/ MBIT/MFA/M.Arch./1½ years MBA/M.Com /Ph.D, etc. the entrance exams are mandatory.
6. What Is the Fee Structure Of Punjab University
The fee structure varies from departments to departments or study programs to study programs. Students have to contact the competent authorities or departments to know the exact fee structure of their particular study programs.
7. Is There Any Scholarship Program In Punjab University?
Yes, Punjab University offers students with several scholarship programs including HEC need base scholarships, Ehsaas Scholarships, University of the Punjab Scholarships, USAID Scholarships, Full Bright Scholarships, Pakistan Bait Ul Maal Scholarships, and many others. For more details check the scholarships section on the official site of PU.
8. What Is the Medium Of Instruction In PU?
Most teachers use the English language as an instruction language. However, in general, there is a bilingual medium of teaching in which the Urdu language and the English language are used to teach.
9. What Is The national As Well As Global Rank Of Punjab University?
According to the Center for World University Rankings, the Punjab University occupies 1215th position globally. However, the university occupies the 4th position among the local or national higher education institutes in Pakistan.
10. How To Prepare For Test And Interview?
No doubt, the entrance test as well as the interview will be comprised of the questions related to your chosen study programs. However, the test and interview may also contain a section of general knowledge questions. So, you are advised to prepare according to your chosen subject and also add some general knowledge questions into your preparation.
University Of Management And Technology Umt Lahore
Punjab University PU Lahore
Punjab University College Of Information Technology Lahore
Allama Iqbal Open University Aiou Islamabad
Superior University's Remarkable Achievement: Only University from Pakistan to be featured in Best Practices of Implementing SDGs in Higher Education