A very personal yet very common topic is break up! Breakups can be so rough, no matter what; no one really wants to go through them. The loss of your relationship can bring on intense stress. But if you're looking for some help getting through it and want to give some suggestions about how to make it a little easier:
- Hope brings NO recovery from breakups: The main reason that people accept the death of loved ones and fail to accept breakups for years is the ray of hope. Your mind will never figure out the recovery process before it makes sure that there is no hope of returning back. Method to recover faster from breakups is to kill hope completely by calling the person you broke up with and making sure that this was the end.
- Think through everything thoroughly, but not obsessively: Think it over, as many times as you want but be sure that you have a reason to think. Consider all the reasons you two broke up. I am sure there certainly was one - and probably more than one. Understand that you enjoyed being together for a short time, but if the relationship was not what both you and your partner wanted for life, it would have ended eventually, no matter what. So think that better sooner than later.
- Do not try to avoid thinking about it: Most of the time it is said that one should not think about what has happened in your life and have to make yourself busy with other works but the right way to get over a breakup quickly is to face the problem and to convince your mind that it’s over.
- Restore your social life: This happens with many people that they isolate themselves from their friends as soon as they get into a relationship (this happens mostly in first love). They make their relationship partner the center of their world and that's why they feel that they have lost the whole world when they breakup with him/her. As soon as you breakup, get back to all the connections with your friends and relatives so that you find it easier to get over the break up fast.
- Out with the old, in with the new: A breakup can open the doors of a new beginning. Therefore, cleaning and organizing your personal space will make you feeling refreshed and prepared for the new things to come. The old mess can be depressing for you, and will just add to your stress level.
- Burn the pictures: Right after breakups many people keep looking at the pictures they had together and this convinces the mind that there is some hope in returning back and that's why those people never recover quickly. Burn the pictures, give away the gifts. When you do so your confused mind will strongly realize that recovery is the only way left.
- Keep your space: Even if you and your ex have decided to stay friends, break away completely from each other right after the breakup. This means not meeting each other, not being around his/her family members, no phone calls, no e-mails, no text messages and no Facebook. If he/she tries to convince you to meet him/her, ask it from yourself honestly what the point would be? If you're reliving the past by seeing him/her, it's not hard to get caught up in the moment and it will be harder to let go again.
- Its ok to cry: Suppressed emotions can turn into depression or can also result in many other bad moods. So express your emotions whenever you feel like it without thinking that there is any hope.
- Avoid forming new limiting beliefs: Most of the people after breaking up, start listening to sad songs, watching sad movies and even searching the internet for sad breakup quotes. These stuff can do you nothing but reinforce limiting beliefs such as "He was the one" , "I can’t live without him" and the other bla bla that can prevent you from getting over someone fast.
- Let go of the negative emotions: Realize that although it is over, your relationship with that person was special in a lot of ways and understand that there is no benefit in holding on to heartache, regret, and hatred toward another person.
University Of Management And Technology Umt Lahore
Punjab University PU Lahore
Punjab University College Of Information Technology Lahore
Allama Iqbal Open University (Aiou) Islamabad