BDS stands for bachelors in dental surgery. Besides MBBS it is considered as the second most widely chosen career option that students intend to pursue after intermediate. The duration of the BDS degree is four years and later on, the students have to complete one year of clinical practice to complete the course. There are a number of dental colleges in Pakistan in which the students can apply for BDS admission 2021. The students that are looking for the BDS admission criteria and the other requirements for admission are notified to check the details mentioned on this platform. For the convenience of the students, all the information is compiled here that will facilitate the students in the BDS admission procedure.
BDS admission criteria 2021
According to the BDS admission criteria 2021 the students must have passed the HSSC/FSc (pre-medical)/equivalent exam to be eligible for applying in BDS admission. Moreover, it is mandatory for the students to appear in the national medical and dental college admission test. Earlier the PMC had conducted the national MDCAT 2020 for the candidates that intend to join the medical fields after the completion of the intermediate. Following are the admission criteria for BDS for the academic session 2021.
Marks of FSc (Pre-medical/HSSC/Equivalent exam: 65%
Marks of National MDCAT or SAT-II: 60%
BDS Admission Procedure 2021
There are various private and public dental colleges that offer the BDS admission every year in which the candidates apply to compete for the available seats. The steps for the BDS admission procedure 2021 are mentioned below.
• The candidates should have to complete all the phases of BDS registration 2021.
• After the submission of the application form, the authorities compile the data of the registered students and select the eligible candidates.
• The merit list of the short candidates will be then issued so that the selected students can submit the admission fee.
• Later on, the officials’ announce the schedule of the commencement of classes.
BDS Admission Requirements
Following are the BDS admission requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to secure admission.
• The candidates have to submit the admission form along with the required documents such as result card of matric, transcript of HSSC/equivalent exam, CNIC/B-form, domicile, and latest passport size photographs.
• In the case of the foreign qualification, the candidates have to submit the NOC issued by IBCC.
• There might be some additional admission requirements according to the rules and the regulations of the institute and the candidates are required to fulfill the additional criteria.
BDS Merit Calculation
The BDS merit calculation is based on the marks of the students obtained in the FSc pre-medical and the national MDCAT 2020.
• FSc (pre-medical) marks: 50%
• Entrance test marks: 50%
BDS Admission in Pakistan
PMC has issued the guidelines for BDS admission in Pakistan but the requirements may differ from one medical college to another. So the candidates are advised to follow the provided instructions and act accordingly. For BDS admissions in Lahore, the candidates can check the requirements issued by the respective college in order to fulfill them properly. In the same way, students who want to get BDS admission in Karachi and BDS admission in Islamabad are notified to apply as per the mentioned admission procedure by the institute.
Dental Institutes in Pakistan
Some of the dental institutes in Pakistan are listed down:
• Khyber College of Dentistry
• Isra University
• King Edward Medical University
• Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences
• Sardar Begum Dental College
• De Montmorency College of Dentistry
• University of Health Sciences
• Ziauddin College of Dentistry
• Baqai Dental College
• Karachi Medical and Dental College