MS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (MSIT)
Master of Information Technology is being offered by various universities in Pakistan. The program is equipped to empower students with the extended knowledge of Technology. It will help in the growth of the Information Technology industry. A range of extensive subjects will help meet the required increasing demands of IT. The two-year MS degree will enable students to work in the research department. To develop new and advanced insights in the field.
Pakistan’s IT industry has seen immense growth within the past few years. It has been seen that the IT industry has contributed to the GDP and is expected to have further growth resulting in the betterment of the country. Despite the economy, IT exports of about 2.1 billion have further increased to 3.5 billion in the year 2021. There are various HEC recognized universities that are awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the field of IT in Pakistan.
MSIT Guide Highlights
Duration/ Credit Hours:
- 2 years (4 semesters)
Affiliations and Accreditations:
Some of the HEC recognized universities offering MS IT are:
- Information Technology University
- Superior University
- University of Management and Technology
- Government College University, Faisalabad
- National University Of Science & Technology
- University Of Education
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- University Of Sargodha
- Minhaj University
- The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur
Scope and Career:
Over the past few years, there has been immense growth in the field of IT. To meet the requirements of the IT industry a wide range of skilled IT professionals is required. It has become one of the highest-paid degrees. The graduates can work at various national as well multinational companies as a website designers, web developers, software engineers, e-commerce, etc. After completing the MS IT students will be eligible to provide their services as a lecturer at any well-known university. They can provide their contributions to the research and development department of IT. Graduates can serve at a national level with the immense growth of the IT industry there are various software houses all around the country which has given a boost in job opportunities for IT graduates. A fresh graduate who wants to enhance his skills can join various internships provided under the supervision of experienced staff.
Syllabus and Courses:
Some of the core and elective courses of MS Information Technology are:
- Advanced Algorithms Analysis
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Programming
- High-Performance Computing
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Educational Games Design & Development
- Advanced Topics in Computer Vision
- Information System Modeling, Analysis, and Design
Why choose this degree?
Those individuals who have a passion to learn and do research work in the field of Information Technology should apply for this degree. MS Information Technology will enable them to seek deep learning of the new and advanced concepts in Technology. There has been a huge revolution in the IT department worldwide. It has led to increasing career opportunities for a graduate of IT.
- Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
- Master in Information Science (MIS)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- MS Computer Science
A graduate of MS IT can further acquire a doctorate in IT (Ph.D.) worldwide.
- Ph.D. in Information and Technology at Unicaf University (MW), New York
- Doctorate in Information Technology Research at Universidade Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Doctorate in Information Technology at Atlantic International University, United States of America
- Ph.D. in Information Technology Management at University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Information Technology at Selinus University of Science and Literature, London, United Kingdom
- Ph.D. in Information Technology at Deakin University, Australia