Latest Updates on KPPSC
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission commonly known as KPPSC, is an agency or firm in charge of recruiting bureaucrats and civil servants by conducting competitive exams throughout the province of KPK. Articles 264, 265 and 266 of the Government of India Act of 1935 established the Public Service Commission for the first time. The Public Service Commission was established in Pakistan by Article 188 of the 1956 Constitution and by Article 186 of the 1962 Constitution. According to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa PSC Ordinance of 1978, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission was established by article 242 of the Constitution of 1973. KPPSC conducts the exams and test for recruiting public servants for the pay scale 11 to 15 or above in certain departments of the provisional government. KPPSC choose only suitable and exceptional candidates for the public services jobs. KPPSC jobs are really rewarding and provide many perks to the public service officers. KPPSC announces the jobs openings through advertisements, in newspapers and online both. KPPSC jobs are competitive and only eligible candidates are called out for the exams and interview. The KPPSC job is only offered after the successful completion of exams and interview session.
- Hire the suitable and proper fit individuals for the civil services jobs.
- Manages civil and management services in KPK and conducts competitive tests and exams for the civil service jobs in the province of KPK.
- Advice the Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on matter related to the qualifications and method of recruitment, initial appointment of services, transfer and promotion of services.
- Take care of any additional issues that the Governor may refer to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission.
KPPSC Contact Details
|KPPSC Contact Number||+92-091-9214131, 9212897, 9213563, 9213750|
|KPPSC Address||2 Fort Rd, Peshawar Cantonment, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|KPPSC Official Website||
- Eligibility of the candidates shall be determined in accordance with the advertisement of the job or post.
- An eligible candidate must apply online using the prescribed form found on the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission's website by the advertisement's deadline.
- Candidates must pay the required application fee by the deadline.
- Any application that is incomplete or contains incorrect information will be rejected.
- Age limits are usually mentioned on the KPPSC job advertisements, so candidates are advised to read the advertisement carefully.
- Minimum qualifications are also mentioned on the job advertisements released by the KPPSC.
- There will be additional 3 marks for the Hafiz e Quran candidates, 2 Marks for additional relevant qualification, 3 Marks for a higher relevant qualification and 10 marks for relevant experience.
- In most cases, only qualified candidates will be invited to an interview or viva-voce, written test or examination.
- An examination or screening test may be conducted if there are a lot of applications for the position or job.
- Individuals are granted maximum age relaxations in exceptional cases.
KPPSC Age Limit
- KPPSC Age limit is usually from 21 to 35 years.
- Age shall be taken into account till the last day of the advertisement.
- The upper age limit cannot be relaxed by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission to any regular individual.
Following are the age relaxations for the candidates applying for a grade 17 competitive exam:
- 2 years of maximum age relaxation is given to the already Government servants with a minimum of 2 years of continuous service.
- 2 years of maximum age relaxation for disabled persons.
- Candidates from backward areas also have 2 years of maximum age relaxation by KPPSC.
Following are the age relaxations for the candidates applying for the other public service posts:
- 10 years of maximum age relaxation is automatically given to the Government servants who have continuously served for minimum 2 years.
- Candidates belonging to backward areas have 3 years of maximum age relaxation.
- Maximum age relaxation by KPPSC for disabled persons is of 10 years.
If the Commission determines that calling all eligible candidates for the viva voce would entail, on account of a disproportionately excessive number of candidates as compared to the vacancies available, an excessive delay or would otherwise be counterproductive, the Commission may decrease the number of candidates based on their academic record in accordance with the formula in Appendix "A," with particular reference to the prescribed zonal allocation, or by holding KPPSC screening tests in the relevant field or general knowledge. In cases where there is no written examination. In case of screening test, candidates will be informed at least 15 days before test date through e-letters, e-mail and SMS alerts. Test information may also be released to the press. KPPSC screening test/ ability test typically carry a score of 100 marks and contain 100 questions with no negative marking. If necessary, the number of MCQs can be increased or decreased. Passing marks for KPPSC screening test is 20. The marks got in KPPSC screening test will have weightage and will be counted for shortlisting reason. Typically Exams or test other than prescribed syllabus are of 100 marks total and candidates have to score at least 20% marks to stand eligible.
KPPSC Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many attempts are there in KPPSC Exam?
Ans: There will be four chances for a combination of multiple competitive examinations, and each competitive examination will grant three chances to each individual candidate.
Q: What are the total marks of KPPSC Exam (other than syllabus based exam)?
Ans: The total marks of KPPSC exam (other than syllabus based exam) are 100.
Q: Is there any negative marking in the KPPSC objective exam?
Ans:Yes, for each incorrect answer on the objective paper, 0.25 points are deducted.
Q: What are the Minimum Passing Marks in a KPPSC interview?
Ans: Minimum Passing percentage in a KPPSC interview is 60%.
Q: How to prepare for the KPPSC Exam?
Ans: Start preparation early, do a research on your subjects, practice the interview questions, read KPPSC past paper.