Higher Education Commission has announced the Ph.D. scholarships in US universities under US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor. The scholarships are open for the spring and summer 2023. The HEC invites applications for Ph.D. scholarships in the top 300 QS world-ranked US Universities. The candidates are notified that the scholarships are only offered for the Ph.D. programs and do not include MS leading to Ph.D. programs. The preference will be given to the candidates having admission in the preferred subject area according to the HEC. The applicants have to submit the online application form through the web portal HEC. The objective of the scholarship is to increase the number and quality of faculty in Higher Education Institutes, enhance the capacity of the research, train the potential candidates, and develop the collaboration between universities of the US and Pakistan to offer new research techniques.
The eligibility criteria announced by the Higher Education Commission is mentioned below.
- The candidates must be Pakistani/AJK nationals
- To apply for the scholarship the candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of bachelor's degree (B.S/B.Sc./B.E/16 years formal education)and there should be no 2nd or 3rd Division in an entire academic career.
- The maximum age of the candidate on the closing date shall not exceed 40 Years in case of regular Faculty members of Public Sector Universities & Government Colleges, regular Government Employees, and regular Researchers of approved R & D Organizations, and 35 Years in all other cases.
- The candidates must not be availing of any other Scholarship.
- Those with having Ph.D. Degrees are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply?
The candidates are required to follow the following steps to submit the online application form.
- The candidates can apply online through the HEC web portal.
- The candidates have to create the profile for the registration process and create the user ID by using the CNIC number.
- Fill in the required information after creating the account.
- Obtain the mobile code for the further process then enter the email ID the code will be sent to the provided email so make sure to enter a valid email.
- Perform code verification and then click on submission.
- In this way, the candidate will be registered and they can enter the user ID and password on the HEC portal.
- Complete the online profile section according to the instructions provided.
- Fill out and submit the form successfully by entering the correct details.
- The candidates have to send scanned copies of the application form along with other required documents to the given email address. The candidates must submit the attested documents.
- The candidates are not required to submit hard copies of the application form and other documents but they may be required later.
Instructions For Candidates
- The candidates are instructed to fill out the application form according to the mentioned instructions.
- The form must be completely filled out and make sure to fulfill all the requirements.
- In case you do not have a Pakistani passport then apply for one.
- All selected candidates must sign the contract with HEC and they have to return to Pakistan after completion of the program.
Q1 What is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship?
Ans The candidate must be a national of Pakistan/AJK and have 16 years of education to meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
Q2 What are the different categories announced for a scholarship?
Ans The scholarship is offered in two categories that include scholarships offered in the Top 50 QS World Ranked US Universities and scholarships offered in the Top 300 QS World Ranked US Universities.
Q3 Is the Higher Education Aptitude Test necessary for a scholarship?
Ans Yes, Higher Education Aptitude Test is necessary for a scholarship and the candidates have to pass the test. Education Testing Council (ETC) Pakistan will conduct the HAT test for the announced scholarship.
Q4 Is financial assistance available under the scholarship?
Ans Yes, financial assistance is available under the announced scholarship by HEC. The candidates are provided tuition fees, an annual stipend, annual health insurance, and return airfare.