Students who are interested to apply for BS chemical engineering program should be aware of its eligibility criteria in engineering universities. Bachelor’s admission must complete 16 years of education before.
Eligibility Criteria for BS Chemical Engineering
BS chemical engineering is a four years degree program that prepares students for the chemical industries to produce products for enhancing living standards. Admission for a bachelor’s degree calculates the points of Matric and FSC exams and then makes the aggregate of the total marks.
- The minimum marks required for BS chemical engineering are 70% for physical sciences and 80% for mathematics.
- Admission in the undergraduate program is given based on marks of candidates obtained in the inter-science subjects.
- 40 to 50% weightage is of the entry test that every university conduct individually.
Eligibility Criteria for BS Chemical Engineering Table of Content
- General Chemical BS Engineering Eligibility Criteria in Pakistan
- BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023 for The University of Punjab (PU)
- Eligibility Criteria 2023 of BS Chemical Engineering for Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS)
- COMSATS Univesity Islamabad (CUI) BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023
- BS Chemical Engineering 2023 Eligibility Criteria Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute (GIKI)
- National University of Science & Technology (NUST) Eligibility Criteria 2023 for BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023 NED University of Engineering & Technology (NEDUET)
- Frequently Asked Questions
General Chemical BS Engineering Eligibility Criteria in Pakistan
Chemical engineering is offered in several universities in Pakistan. Eligibility criteria for chemical engineering are also based on the scientific and technical knowledge of the candidates. Candidates should arrange their documents according to the requirements of the universities. The documents of the candidates should be original with attested photocopies. Proper documentation verification is very important in top universities of Pakistan. The general chemical engineering eligibility criteria include:
- For admission in BS chemical engineering, a background in chemistry, math ad physics in 12 is very important.
- To take admission in top engineering universities, candidates should have at least 60% marks in FSC or any other equivalent degree.
- Top engineering universities also count hafiz-e-Quran and sports marks.
- The candidate should have to appear in the entry test of the university for the particular academic session to seek admission in BS chemical engineering.
- The candidate should have at least 60% of admission marks that is determined as per clause 2 of merit criteria.
- A candidate should have the bonafide resident documentation of the place from where he is applying for admission.
BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023 for The University of Punjab (PU)
The University of Punjab offers 4 years undergraduate program in chemical engineering. Competition is always very high among the students to get admission to this university. BS chemical engineering eligibility criteria in this university include:
- FSC should be with pre-engineering or any other equivalent degree.
- Domicile should be of Punjab.
- DAE/FSC basis on the age of 24 years.
- ECAT is compulsory. The merit formula of ECAT is 30%
- Additional marks for hafiz-e-Quran are 20 marks.
- FSC and Matric aggregate as 70% marks.
Eligibility Criteria 2023 of BS Chemical Engineering for Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS)
PIEAS conducts its entry test for admission in engineering programs. It is one of the best universities in Pakistan. PIEAS select strictly on merit. The eligibility criteria of PIEAS for BS chemical engineering is:
- The admission Test of PIEAS should have 60% marks.
- Minimum of 60% marks in Matric or O-level with Science major.
- FSC or A-level with 60% marks with pre-engineering.
- Pre-medical background students who have been given the additional paper of Math are eligible for admission.
- Admission is also possible based on marks.
COMSATS Univesity Islamabad (CUI) BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023
COMSATS offers fall and spring admissions for BS chemical engineering. The admissions in undergraduate programs are competitive based on merit. The eligibility criteria for BS chemical engineering in COMSATS is:
- 12 years of education required with first division.
- NTS/GAT is compulsory with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- The merit list conducts based on academic tests, interviews, and records.
BS Chemical Engineering 2023 Eligibility Criteria Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute (GIKI)
GIKI is one of the well-recognized engineering universities in Pakistan. It deals with the basic mathematics and principles of the chemical experiments in the start and in the final year it deals with the advanced level of industrial requirements. The eligibility criteria for BS chemical engineering admission includes:
- FSC should be done with pre-engineering with majors in physics, mathematics, and chemistry.
- 60% or above marks in FSC.
- NST/GAT has 85% weightage.
- The 0-level and A-level background has 15% weightage.
National University of Science & Technology (NUST) Eligibility Criteria 2023 for BS Chemical Engineering
NUST is one of the best engineering universities for the BS chemical engineering program. NUST symbolizes excellence and quality. NUST offers fall and spring admissions every year. The eligibility criteria for BS chemical engineering is:
- This university makes an aggregate of a minimum of 60% marks of both Matric and FSC with pre-engineering.
- A minimum 25 ACT score is required.
BS Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2023 NED University of Engineering & Technology (NEDUET)
NED offers BS chemical engineering degree and its admissions are also for foreign students. The eligibility criteria for BS chemical engineering in this university include:
- Higher Secondary Certificate with pre-engineering FSC. Candidates must pass FSC with 60% marks overall.
- NED doesn’t accept any qualification without chemistry, math, and physics.
- Candidates must qualify for the entry test of the university.
- English language skills of the candidates are also being tested by the university through a pre-admission entry test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can students do BS Chemical engineering after FSC?
Yes, students can to bachelor’s in chemical engineering after passing 12 grade with physics, math, and chemistry subjects.
How many marks in FSC are required for chemical engineering admission?
A minimum of 60% of marks in FSC is required to apply for chemical engineering.
Is ECAT compulsory for BS chemical engineering admission?
In most government universities, ECAT is compulsory for the candidate to apply for BS chemical engineering.
Do biology students eligible for BS chemical engineering?
Yes, biology students are eligible if they give an additional math board exam after completing FSC with pre-biology.