There is one main quality of successful people that they focus neither on their past or satisfied with their present, they just want makes a better future. Initially, I want to focus on some reasons of failure of students.
- Carelessness: The majority of students who fail their exam show careless behavior toward their studies.
- Exam phobia: It is one the main hurdle in succeeding for nearly all students, which can affect even sharp students to get poor grades. The exam should manage as a normal school or college day.
- No Revision: Most of the students do not revise their lecture notes after attending classes, which will cause lack of understanding. Furthermore, revision should be earlier most of the students start revision nears exam days.
- Lack of Guidance: Many students do not get a clear guideline for their future. They do not have clear vision, goals and targets to achieve, which can be a cause of lack of interest in studies.
- Bad company: Bad company of students can spoil their whole future. Therefore, their gathering and relations must be morality based.
These are few but major cause of failure for most of students. Now, I want to describe some steps to follow and get educational success.
- Dream big: You should dream big, and then feel it, believe it and you will be able to achieve it. There should be goals, targets and a tactical plan to achieve that dreams. Whenever you will think about your dream, you will get motivated. Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.
- Belief: If you desire that, someone believes on you or appreciate your aptitude. Then first, you must have to believe yourself that you can do anything, and nothing is impossible. Let’s suppose if a factory owner do not believe on his product then how he can expect that someone else or his customers will prefer to consume or buy his product. Its lack of belief that makes people terrified of meeting challenges. Man is a bi-product of his thinking so whatsoever you believe it may become your reality.
- Learning: You must develop a continual learning attitude. There are many benefits of learning. You can save money as learn to “do it yourself”. It can help you to get a better job. It can make your mind sharp and gives you a feeling of accomplishment. Nothing we taught in this world is ever wasted but learning is not enough, until and unless you apply that.
- Expectations: Always expect positive outcome. Keep in mind that you should have no expectations when it comes to others. When you will be ready to believe in yourself then your expectations must be stick to your own decisions and actions. The positive thinker always sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. Do not lesser your expectations to meet up your performance. Elevate your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the paramount of yourself, and then do what is essential to make it realism.
- Attitude: Positive and affirmative attitude about your plans and goals can make you capable to achieve that. It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task, which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome. There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.
- Pray: The person who is away from pray is actually away from God. God creates human being the best of all creations, so it is our obligation to pay him gratitude every day. Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger person. Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow.
- Sharing: There is no delight in owning anything unshared. Sharing may be intellectual or in monetary terms. Actually, shared happiness is a double happiness and shared sorrow is a half sorrow. Many students think that if they share their knowledge they will get worse marks as compared to others but they should keep it in mind that knowledge always increased when we share it with others. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to one another.
- Prioritization: Give priorities to your daily tasks as most important, important and less important. This will help in manage your time accordingly. The key is not to rank what is on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
- Art of study: Learn the true art of study. There should be no interruptions while studying. There should be no past thoughts just focus on your study. You should also learn to present your exam more superior. You can also ask your librarian to recommend some books on this art, which will help you a lot.
Finally, I want to discuss price of success. Every product or service has a price. Likewise, success also comprised some price to achieve it.
- Hard working: Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. Hard work is like stairs and luck is like lift. Sometimes lift may fail but stairs will always take you at the top. If you cannot do extremely well with talent, achieve it by with effort.
- Tolerance: Michael H. Hart in his book “the 100” ranked 100 most influencing people of the world. All have a common characteristic that was tolerance. It is thus tolerance that is the source of peace, and intolerance that is the source of disorder and squabbling. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- Face difficulties: To be successful in life you must face all difficulties and remove all hurdles. Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping-stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens, as a natural law it has to be, to balance.
These were some steps to get educational success but it cannot help those who are unwilling to live a victorious life. People who do astonishing things become able to do that because they think they can. Do not follow the footsteps of others; you should have the ability to spend your life in your own way. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. God bless you all.
University Of Management And Technology Umt Lahore
Punjab University PU Lahore
Punjab University College Of Information Technology Lahore
Allama Iqbal Open University (Aiou) Islamabad