Are you facing financial issues?
Then you must know about the special financial scheme that is providing relief to the Pakistani students who are facing financial issues in the course of their studies.
Partial Support Program by HEC
The financial is such a type of issue that makes or breaks your efforts that you are doing for several years especially it is a critical point for the M.Phill and Ph.D. students. The financial efforts can put all your efforts into the jeopardy. Specifically, this problem is very severe for the students who are studying abroad and are near to their degree completion but facing money shortage for the continuity of their education. This issue causes them a serious trouble.
But now this is no more an issue because the HEC is providing the money to the needed ones with their Partial Support Program by HEC. Partial Assistance is also provided to the overseas students. This assistance is for any purpose like for their tuition fee, stipend, for their thesis evaluation etc.
This program has certain objectives:
- For providing the assistance to the students who are studying abroad and are Pakistani.
- For contributing toward the education sector by providing support to future scientists, engineers, and the business person.
- The purpose of achieving the cooperation between the Pakistani and abroad universities.
- These programs are providing financial support to the needy ones.
It is the matter of every year, total 50 students are selected all over the country for this partial assistance program. These are the scholars who pass the eligibility criteria for this program.
Which type of financial support is provided under this program?
Financial support to the students doing Ph.D. is given as one-time payment. This payment is awarded the maximum amount of 15000 US dollars. This amount of 15000 dollars is given to provide them assistance on many things like living expenditure, stipend, research expenses, and tuition fee. The students who want to get awarded by the amount have to fill the form that is a requisite for obtaining the amount. With the application form, the documents must also be given that details all the expenses for which the assistance is required.
The payment that has to be paid to the university or any other institution is paid to the universities directly and other expenditures related to the living is given to the subsidiary offices of that company.
For qualifying for this partial grant, the student must be in the final year of the Ph.D. Scholarships are also being awarded field-wise.
- The student must be a Pakistani national.
- Studying abroad under the Ph.D. program in top 200 universities. This ranking is provided in the Times World Ranking of Universities.
- Have a valid Pakistani support.
- The student must be in his final year of Ph.D.
- After being selected for the award, the student must submit an Agreement and Surety Bond. This bond contains the commitment of the Guarantor who provides the guarantee of the applicant. The Guarantor must be living in Pakistan. The applicant is bound to come back to the country after completing the Degree of Ph.D. They are also bound to provide the services to the Home country for the minimum 2 years.
- It is fully assured that the Faculty Development Program must not be awarded to the applicant of the Partial Support Program by HEC.
- Letter from the university in which the applicant is studying is also submitted in which all the financial requirements are listed. This letter is called a forwarding letter.
- Surety bond with the Higher Education Commission for 2 years.
How to apply?
- Fill the application form after downloading it.
- All the documents like academics, degrees, and the certificates are submitted after attesting it.
- Photocopies of the National Identity Card, Pakistani passport, and detailed CV are provided.
- Forwarding letter from the parent universities.
Syeda Baymisal Zahra
University Of Management And Technology Umt Lahore
Punjab University PU Lahore
Punjab University College Of Information Technology Lahore
Allama Iqbal Open University (Aiou) Islamabad