About 10%of the world population are left-handed people. There are numerous myths about righties and lefties. Here are 5 myths about left-handed people that we all need to be stop believing.
1. Lefties are more creative. It is believed that lefties are more creative as compared to right handed people. It is believed that left handed men are more creative than right handed men. There is no difference among the women. This is just a myth and have nothing to do with the reality.
2. Lefties are more likely to be leaders. It is mostly believed that left handed people are likely to become leaders. This myth is being stamped correct if we look in the past, various leaders tend to be left-handed.
3. Lefties are more intelligent. It is considered as a fact that left handed people are more intelligent, but this is not true. There is no difference in intelligence and creativity of right handed and left handed people, however the only thing is that the lefties could think differently.
4. Lefties are introverted. Another common myth is that the lefties are introverted and righties are extroverted. However there is no difference found out in the all five personality traits of lefties or righties.
5. Lefties are ‘right-brained’. Okay, now the most viral myth about the lefties is that they are right brained. This is not true, about 90% lefties are left-brained, and there brain also function the same way as right handed people’s brain.
Whereas the truth is that left-handed people have more sleep problem as compared with right-handed people, for instance their limbs move when they are asleep, which is considered as periodic limb movement disorder. Secondly left-handed people tend to experience more serious mental disorders. They are likely to experience psychotic disorder and mood disorder.