Planning and Development Department Govt of the Punjab Jobs Detail
Government of Pakistan has approved the National Electricity Policy 2021. Under that Policy, Ministry of Energy, Power Division is pursuing an active Power Sector reform agenda. It includes Circular Debt Management Plan (CDMP), Competitive Trading Bilateral Contract Market (CTBCM), infrastructure development through innovative technological interventions, implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), in all Power Sector entities, review of design and standards, Market Implementation and Regulatory Affairs Department (MIRAD) in all Distribution Companies (DISCOs), subsidy reforms etc.
In this background, Power Division has established Power Planning and Monitoring Company (PPMC) and looking for a highly motivated Power Sector professional to head PPMC and assist the Division in implementation of the reform agenda.
The Managing Director PPMC will report to the Board of Directors of PPMC and perform the tasks assigned under the thematic areas mentioned above and any other assignment under the National Electricity Policy.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of National Electricity Policy;
- Builds p relationship with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Demonstrates proven understanding of energy/extractives policies, energy economics and markets, technologies or strategies, private sector participation, and institutional development needed to support development and for the success of project and analytic work;
- p experience in planning, designing, and implementing energy infrastructure projects including renewable energy generation, electricity transmission and distribution, and energy efficiency;
- Experience leading and/or playing key roles in policy dialogue with clients and stakeholders;
- An excellent track record in carrying out high quality and timely analytical reports and activities would be advantageous;
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure projects with power sector utilities is necessary;
- Experience working with large global teams, to produce high-quality results and outputs with minimal supervision is required;
- High level of excitement, ability to work independently, taking initiative, and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build p partnerships with clients, different stakeholders and colleagues across unites and departmental boundaries;
- Demonstrates p understanding and translate technical analyses into policies, operations and/or research;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates active listening skills and the ability to influence the audience (such as counterparts in government, international partner organizations, academia, etc;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer literacy;
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Candidate must possess Master's Degree in Engineering/Economics/Management/Accounting/Finance, with Bachelors in Engineering. The candidate must have at least 12 years of working experience:
- At least 5 years' experience at senior management level in Power Sector;
- Experience in working with international institutions, government agencies, or international power sector utilities with demonstrated track record of successful engagement with complex projects and public policy in the energy sector;
DURATION & EMOLUMENTS
Contract for initial period of three years including first six months on probation. The contract is extendable for another term of three years subject to satisfactory achievements of targets. The salary will be Rs.1.5-2.0 million per month with transport and other facilities according to company policy.
Interested candidates having relevant qualifications and experience should apply as follows:
- Candidates are required to apply on-line on website www.pitc.com.pk on the format prescribed as "Annexure A" to the Public-Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 along with detailed CV;
- A declaration on Rs. 100/- non-judicial stamp paper in the format prescribed as "Annexure B" to Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 that the applicant is not ineligible to act as a Managing Director, as per the Fit and Proper Criteria prescribed in Schedule II of the said Guidelines to be downloaded from the website www.pitc.com.pk;
- Copies of degrees and certificates, duly attested must be uploaded on the space provided in application format.
- Uploading recent passport size photographs, copy of CNIC or passport and experience certificates. Hard copy of the application along with all documents as above should also reach latest by 6th December 2021to General Manager (FIR) PPMC, Room No.112, Evacuee Trust Complex, Agha Khan Road, Islamabad. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews / selection process. No TA/DA will be provided for interview.
Posted On 02 Jul
Last Date 18 Jul
- -4 Posts
Posted On 21 Nov
Last Date 06 Dec
- Masters1 Posts
Posted On 17 Apr
Last Date 01 May
Posted On 19 Mar
Last Date 03 Apr
Posted On 05 Jan
Last Date N/A