Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO) Jobs Detail
Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO). a leading public electric utility company, endeavoring to provide uninterrpted electric supply to more than 3.7 million valued consumers with more than 17000 employees is seeking the services of an experienced, dynamic, high cater and result oriented professional to work as Chief Technology Officer as pad of its senior executive team, who can undertake the challenging assignment effectively.
|Position||Required Qualification & Experience||Age|
|Candidate should be an electrical engineer with BE Electrical and MS in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an institution of repute and recognized by HEC, with substantial knowledge and having 15 years' experience coupled with related industry experience of utility digital solutions with about 05 years as the head||Upto 55 Years|
- Chief Technology Officer will report to Chief Executive Officer GEPCO.
The incumbent shall provide leadership to the company's Technology Office dealing with digitalization of the utility business right from concept and design to construction training and maintenance.
Leading the Technology Department CTO shall look after Digital Solutions for operation and services of the company including:
- Distribution management System including:
- Outage management.
- Planning tools for load growth and optimal feeder configuration
- Improved Safety of system
- Service crew management
- Customer complaint management
- A.Ml - smart metering
- Billing Management
- Theft detection
- Fault and Network analysis
- Reduction in Peak demand.
- Energy trading
- Load management
- DER Integration and EV demand management
- Link to ERP and GIS system.
- Internet of things prevalent in power utilities and best practices across global power utility companies
- Scada System
- Communication Network
- IT System and its operations
The incumbent having knowledge of Digital Power System (Transmission & Distribution) shall:
- Work with management to set up Technology department capable to deliver technology transformation programs.
- Identify, evaluate and adopt new technologies in areas that have a direct impact on improving the operations.
- Developing policies, procedures and a technology roadmap based on emerging digital technologies.
- Act as technology custodian ensuring that supporting technology performs according to defined process is robust (i.e. available when needed) keeps abreast of technology trends, and is appropriate for business needs.
- Developing a Technology Audit team and carrying out technology audit of the company.
- Explaining to the BOD and other executives the benefits of new digital technology projects.
- Formulate business processes related to utilization of all technology components and tools.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Track record of successfully setting up and scaling technology initiatives, teams and processes from the ground up in an industry, experience in a power utility will be preferred.
- Knowledge of existing standards and regulatory norms/requirements. specifically with respect to transmission, distribution and energy delivery sector.
- Business knowledge of the energy market place. competition. industry segments and key stakeholders.
- Track record of driving large scale transformational adoption of digital technologies
- The appointment will be made on CONTRACT basis initially for a period of three (03) years, extendable subject to satisfactory performance.
PAY & ALLOWANCES
- Market based oompetibsie package.
- The applications must be submitted online on the link lel https://gepcolobs.pItc.com.pkrindex.phplon or before 07431-2021.
- The candidates already working in Govt. / Semi Govt. / Autonomous Public Organizations can also apply through proper channel alongwith NOC of their department issued on its letter head.
- Its Board of Directors GEPCO's discretion to relax upper age Emit in case the candidate has rich and relevant qualification & experience of an electricity utility organization
- Dismissed employee of any organization should not be eligible.
- No application will be accepted by hand or courier.
- Only shodisted candidates will be called for interview.
- GE PCO is an equal opportunity employer, female professionals are encouraged to apply with full confidence.
- Candidate selected shall be required to produce all original documents at the time of joining interview.
- GE PCO reserves the right to withhold / cancel the whole recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- No TA / DA will be admIssble for interview! selection process.
DIRECTOR GENERAL (HR & ADMN) GEPCO
565-A, MODEL TOWN, GUJRANWALA
(Ph: 055-9200513) www.gepco.com.pk
- Bachelors1 Posts
- Masters1 Posts
- Masters1 Posts
- Masters1 Posts