This news is especially for the candidates who desire to study an undergraduate five-year LLB degree program from public and private HEC recognized institutes of Pakistan. Higher Education Commission (HEC) is conducting Law Admission Test (LAT) in major cities of Pakistan. The LAT Test's primary purpose is to determine whether an interested student has the right attitude toward the LLB degree and pursuing a career in the field of Law, such as lawyer, consultant, judge, attorney or prosecutor. Candidates should apply online as soon as possible, the last date to apply for LAT test is 10 January 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC LAT:
- Candidates who have cleared their HSSC/inter or equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks.
- Candidates who have appeared in the HSSC/inter exams and waiting for their results can apply too.
How to Apply for LAT:
- To apply online for LAT test, candidates should visit: http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Candidates should sign up and complete their profile by clicking on the “My Profile” button.
- After that candidates can submit their online LAT application by clicking the “Law Admission Test” button from the left hand side menu panel of the online portal.
- Complete your LAT application form and submit the LAT test fee.
- LAT test fee of Rs. 1,250/- (non-refundable) can be paid online or by hand in any HBL branch.
- Account no: 17427900133401 Account title: Higher Education Commission is for candidates who wants to submit the LAT fee online.
- For the candidates who wants to submit the LAT fee by hand, can download the fee challan from ETC online registration portal and after submission the scanned copy of paid fee challan should be uploaded to ETC online registration portal.
- After that you can successfully submit your LAT test application.
HEC LAT Exam Date and other important instructions:
- The last date to submit for LAT test application is 10 January 2023.
- The LAT exam will be held on 22nd January 2022 tentatively (any changes in the exam date will be informed through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.gov.edu.pk )
- Registered applicants (registered through ETC online registration process) will be able to download their roll number slips from ETC online portal, one week before the exam.
- Candidates are advised to provide valid email and mobile numbers, so the HEC can send you email/SMS, to inform you about the test date, time and venue of the exam.
- LAT test will be conducted in the major cities of Pakistan, candidates can select their desired examination hall from the Centre list available in the application form. Examination Centre/Hall cannot be changed after the submission of application.
- Printed roll Number slip, Original paid fee challan and original CNIC card is mandatory to enter the LAT test Centre on the test day.
- Candidates have to score at least 50% marks in the LAT test for the admission in LLB degree at public and private HEC recognized institutes of Pakistan.
HEC LAT Test Pattern & Syllabus
|Divisions of Questions||Marks||Nature of Questions|
|Essay (either in English or Urdu)||15||200 words (maximum)|
|Personal Statement (either in English or Urdu)||10||200 words (maximum)|
|MCQs: English||20||Synonyms/ Antonyms/ Prepositions|
|MCQs: General Knowledge||20|
|MCQs: Islamic Studies||10|
|MCQs: Pakistan Studies||10|
|MCQs: Mathematics||05||Basic Mathematics|