Ali was also a thought leader and opinion maker in his time, especially for African-Americans and Muslims, inspiring thousands around the world to make the most out of even the most challenging circumstances.
Here are ten quotes from the man to inspire you to live life to the max and be the best version of yourself.
1. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
2. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
3. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
4. “I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I’m so mean I make medicine sick.”
5. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
6. “I never thought of losing, but now that it’s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.”
7. “I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others. “
8. “A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.”
9. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
10. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”