Don’t invite pain and discomfort by eating acidity-triggering foods. Check out the 5 best and worst foods for stomach trouble.
If you suffer from acidity, you know how terribly uncomfortable it can be. And one wrong food is all it takes to trigger off a day of heartburn and discomfort. For those prone to acidity, we have a list of foods you should include and foods you should avoid like the plague.
5 best foods for acidity:
- Apples and bananas: Amongst fruits, apples and bananas are safe to be consumed and generally do not cause acidity. If you’re in the mood for juice, apple juice is a good option.
- Vegetables like cabbage, beans and peas: These vegetables are healthy and do not cause acidity. If you enjoy potato, try baked potato and avoid deep-fried preparations.
- Egg white, chicken and fish: Lean white meats and egg white are perfect for acidity-prone individuals.
- Low fat cheese: Heavy foods are a no-no for those prone to acidity. So try and go for low-fat dairy items like low-fat cheese or milk.
- Whole grains: Avoid refined carbs like white rice and maida and instead opt for whole grains like wheat and brown rice to ward off acidity.
5 worst foods for acidity:
- Spicy food: This is a no-brainer. Anyone prone to acidity knows what a spicy sabzi or a stray chilli can do to you. In general, it’s best to avoid overly spicy food and go in for something a little milder.
- Citrus foods: Bad news for orange lovers! Citrus foods are one of the worst triggers of acidity and if you think you might be prone to it, stay away from citrus fruits, as well as juices.
- Coffee: For those with a chronic acidity problem, it’s best to cut out coffee from your diet. Instead try green tea.
- Fried foods and fatty foods: Biscuits high in fat, or fried snacks have to be banished from the diets of all those prone to acidity. These are instant triggers and can cause days of discomfort.
- Alcohol, especially wine: Although wine recommended as one of the healthier alcohols, it’s a no-no for the acidity prone. The tannins in the wine can cause acidity and is best avoided.
University Of Management And Technology Umt Lahore
Punjab University PU Lahore
Punjab University College Of Information Technology Lahore
Allama Iqbal Open University Aiou Islamabad