The Higher Education Commission has notified on 9th December 2019 that it is compulsory for all higher education institutes that the MS /M.Phil. Or equivalent and Ph.D. programs must be approved by HEC. The institute from all over Pakistan is obligated to obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Higher Education Commission who has launched higher education programs after 7th November 2013.
Updated List Of NOCs
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has updated the list of No Objection Certificate issued to HEIs for the initiation / launching of MS/M.Phil./ Ph.D. Programs after October 2013. The list has complete information of 1066 universities including MS /M.Phil. Or equivalent and Ph.D. programs degree programs with the respective “with effect from” and “Date of Issue” details mentioned separately for each university.
HEC New Policy Details
- All students or parents must identify prior to admission in MS /M.Phil. Or equivalent and Ph.D. programs that the higher education institutions must be recognized by HEC.
- If any students took admission in a degree program that is not approved by HEC such degree will not be accepted and attested.
- Any university which does obtain No Objection Certificate from Quality Assurance Division of HEC and found initiating/executing MS /M.Phil. Or equivalent and Ph.D. programs will be guilty of violating HEC policy.
HEC MS /M.Phil. Or equivalent and Ph.D. programs Criteria
All Higher Education Institutes are informed to submit the NOC application with the HEC given criteria.
- For admission in the MPhil/MS/Equivalent program sixteen years of schooling or 4-year education (124 credit hours) after HSSC/F.A. /F.Sc/Grade12 or Equivalent will be required and students have to clear the test with a minimum 50% cumulative score for admission
- For admission in the Ph.D. program, minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in MPhil/MS/Equivalent degree is required.
HEC Approval Deadline
All concerned members and universities are informed that no backdated or one-time attestation cases will be entertained till 1st June 2020. However, the degree programs initiated after the deadline will not be approved by HEC.