The Higher Education Commission has announced the registration schedule for Law Graduate Assessment Test. The HEC conducts the test to determine the eligibility of the candidates to enroll as an advocate with the Bar Council. The objective of the test is the proper evaluation of the candidates that want to join the law as the legal profession. So a law graduate can be only eligible to apply to the Bar Council after passing the GAT test conducted by the HEC.
GAT Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of the law graduate assessment test Law-GAT is mentioned below
- The candidates that passed the bachelor's in law or equivalent degree program from the HEC/PBC recognized university are only eligible to apply for the test.
GAT Test Date
The LAW-GAT test will be held on 12th February 2023 by the HEC and in the case of any change in the test schedule the authorities will notify the students. The test will consist of multiple-choice questions and the students can check the syllabus of the test provided by the respective authorities. The applicants after the online registration can download the roll number slips at least one week before the test date. The candidates will be notified about the date, day, and venue of the test through email. So the candidates are required to enter a valid phone number and email while filling out the application form. The students have to bring the original roll number slip, CNIC, and deposited fee challan to enter the examination hall.
Test Centers of HEC GAT Test
The GAT Test will be conducted in various cities such as Karachi, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Bahawalpur, Multan, Turbat, Gilgit, Lahore, Abbottabad, Sukkur, Quetta, Muzaffarabad, Faisalabad, and Peshawar. The list of the centers will be provided to the candidates and they can choose the test center according to their choice. Moreover, the candidates are notified that after the completion of the registration, the candidates will not be permitted to make any changes in the selected test center.
GAT Test Registration Process
The online registration process for the law graduate assessment test is mentioned below which must be followed by the candidates.
- For online registration, the applicants must submit the application form through the web portal HEC.
- The submission of the application is based on two steps such as profile completion using the "My Profile" section, and submission of the application using the "Law GAT Test” link.
- The authorities will consider only submitted applicants for the LAW-GAT test, and applications in save or incomplete mode will not be accepted by the HEC.
- The test fee is Rs. 3000/- that must be deposited Online/ATM in the given account of the Higher Education Commission and the students are informed that the Bank draft or Pay Order will not be accepted in any case.
- Applicants must submit the original fee deposit slip/ATM/online transfer through courier before the last date of registration. The candidates are also required to mention the CNIC number on the backside of the deposit slip.
- The examination fee is non-transferable and non-refundable in any case.
Additional Requirements of GAT
- It is mandatory for the students to score 50% marks to pass the GAT test.
- The eligibility criteria must be met by the candidates according to the rules and regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
- Applicants have five chances to appear in the test and the HEC will conduct the test on a quarterly basis.
- The candidates should submit the complaints before the closure of the online web portal of the HEC.
Last Date For Online Registration
The last date for the online registration of the LAW-GAT test is 30th January 2023. The candidates must submit the online application form before the last date. The application form submitted after the last date will not b entertained.