Allama Iqbal Open University is one of the largest universities that provides online educational facilities. The university was formed in 1974, and since then, it has been striving hard to provide the best education opportunities to students. The central vision is to offer educational opportunities to employed individuals and those who cannot travel for specific reasons.
Until now, many candidates have graduated from AIOU and are working in various sectors. For the convenience of the students, the AIOU has introduced the CMS and LMS, through which online education has become much better.
Following is the AIOU enrollment procedure that the students must follow.
- Online Admission form on the official AIOU portal.
- Click on Online Admission Form so you can enter the required details.
- Create your profile by using your email ID, don’t use your mobile number for the creation of your profile.
- Complete the Admission Form and select your required program.
- Upload the required documents and then submit the application form online.
- Click on the fee payment link and download the fee payment challan, and note down your challan number.
- Then submit the challan form, and a successful payment notification will have appeared with an Order ID.
- Write Order ID and Transaction Date on the online admission form in the given space
- Save the Order ID in your record till confirmation of your admission to avoid any trouble.
- You will get an email for proof of your access and get the enrollment AIOU.
AIOU LMS Login Procedure
Following is the AIOU login procedure of the Open Aaghi LMS Portal that the candidates must follow to submit the online AIOU assignments and workshops for the various offered degree programs.
- pen the university website and open the “Aaghi LMS Portal”.
- The students will use the end of the registration number as a username. It means they will add @aiou.edu after their registration number provided by the university, and it will be their username for AIOU enrollment login.
- For the login procedure, the students will enter their challan number for the semester as the password.
- After this process, the candidates can login and send their assignments online and easily join the online workshops. If the students face any difficulty, they can email the respective authorities for assistance.
- Moreover, according to their turn, the candidates are informed that they can email the focused person about the username only once. Sometimes the students send the email four to five times with different IDs. In such cases, the ID of the students become blocked, so make sure to send the email only once about the LMS-related issues, not about the other problems of books.
AIOU AAGHI LMS
Students and other instructors have to join the online workshops of AIOU through the AAGHI LMS workshop link. The university provides the updated link of AIOU LMS daily so interested individuals can approach it efficiently. The students can also submit the assignments through the link provided by the university. The candidates can attend the workshop for the spring session of 2023 by following the steps of AIOU LMS login below.
- Open the web portal of the university to access the LMS.
- Login to LMS by using the username and password.
- After login homepage is opened that contains the information of the course in which you are enrolled.
- The candidates can go to the course as per the workshop schedule provided by the university and click on the link to join the workshop.
- Inside the course the university also provides the different modules to the students for their assistance.
To get admission through the AIOU CMS, the students must follow the steps below.
Open the website of the university for admission for AIOU CMS login click on the Admissions
- Select Online Admissions and enter the required information
- Select CMS for continuing students
- Enter your User ID and password and sign in through the CMS portal AIOU
- Choose Course Registration from the dial of CMS AIOU
- Click search, choose semester and courses, then submit
- Click print fee voucher will be shown you can submit the fee after printing it.
Difference between CMS and LMS
The AIOU uses both LMS and CMS for the students so they can have the best educational facilities throughout their degree program completion. LMS stands for learning management system, whereas CMS stands for content management system. An LMS is a platform that the university uses to manage and deliver e-learning, while the other hand, CMS is the generic platform for different forms of online content.
Both platforms are effective in providing online education to students. AIOU make sure to use both LMS and CMS to offer quality education to the students even in the comfort of their homes.
Learning Management System
A learning management system is an application that can be used to implement and evaluate learning strategies and various other related processes. Nowadays, many higher educational institutes in Pakistan use this tool for conducting online learning classes for different degree programs. LMS consists of two elements such as a server that performs base functionality and a user interface that the students, administrators, and instructors use.
Content Management System
A content management system is software that many institutes use to generate, manage, and amend digital content. It contains different types of content, such as texts, images, files, audio and video, that can be used to deliver online lectures to students. It has two major components, including a content management application (CMA) that relates to the front-end user interface, through which the user can add or remove content from the website.
The additional part is a content delivery application (CDA) that assembles and apprises the website. This tool is easy to use by students for online education and provides a better visual experience that promotes learning for extended periods. So CMS is an effective tool for creating and managing online learning content that can be used in various fields.