The Master of Science in Finance is a program proposed to enable students to have a deep and thorough understanding of financing within a firm. To access the financial problems faced at a firm and make beneficial cost-cutting decisions for the organization to increase its net worth. It qualifies the students to earn rewarding careers in the field of banking and finance in the public and private sectors. The students who have a background of academic studies of finance are capable of continuing their MS in Finance at any HEC recognized university.
Duration/ Credit Hours:
-1.5 to 2 years (depends upon the university and research completion criteria)
Affiliations and Accreditations:
Some of the HEC recognized universities offering MS Finance are:
- University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- University of Management and Technology
- Lahore University of Management and Sciences
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- International Islamic University
- Virtual University of Pakistan
- Riphah International University
- The University of Lahore
Scope and Career:
The comprehensive yet professional program of MS Finance enables the students to pursue their careers in the public and private sectors of the country. The sectors to assure a future are investment companies, insurance companies, education and research institutes, banks, etc. The students can have the ability to look forward to a lectureship in the Finance discipline. The students who pursue MS Finance have further options to acquire a Ph.D. Finance.
Syllabus and Courses:
MS Finance is a 2-year degree with theoretical and research-based studies. Some courses are in the compulsory section while others are elective depending upon the different universities and their requirements.
- Inferential Statistics for Finance
- Research Methods & Techniques for Finance
- Financial Calculus and Mathematics
- Financial Econometrics
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Engineering
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Modeling
- Global Financial Management
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Fixed Income Investments and Analysis
- International Finance and Investments
- Theory of Finance
- Financial System and Regulations
- Financial Institutions Management
Why choose this degree?
For in-depth and rational study in Finance, one should opt for the MS in Finance. It helps develop the learning to analyze and interpret the course of study and provide candidates the ability to apply their skills in various financing departments of different organizations.
MBA in Finance:
It is a 1.5 to 2 years master’s degree in Finance. It is more focused on theoretical work rather than research work.
-Further options for an MS Finance student include a Ph.D. In Finance.
- MS in Quantitative Finance at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University Russia
- Master Finance, Accounting & Taxation at IU International University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Master of Science in Financial Analysis University of San Francisco - School of Management, USA
- MS in Global Finance at London, United Kingdom
- MS in Banking and Finance at University of Sussex Business School, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- MS in Global Finance & Banking at King's College London, United Kingdom
- MS in International Finance and Economics at University of Sussex Business School, United Kingdom
- Master of Science in International Finance at ESSCA School of Management France
- Master in Finance at Catolica Porto Business School, Portugal
- MS in Financial Analysis and Business Development at Hanken School of Economics Finland