University of Okara Jobs Detail
University of Okara was established under Government of the Punjab act, 2016 (XIII of 2016). Currently, there are more than 17,000 students and 400 faculty/ staff members. The University of Okara is one of the most progressive and dynamic institutions of higher learning. It is situated on 204 acres of land sandwiched between Multan Rod and Canal Lower Bari Doo Aab at Renala Khurd, District Okara. In order to expand its teaching and research operations, the University is seeking for highly qualified and exceptionally motivated professionals who could enrich and strengthen academic life of the campus. Applications are invited from Pakistani Nationals for the following positions for appoint¬ment under Basic Scale (BS)/ Tenure Track System (TTS).
|Sr. Area/ No. Discipline||Minimum Eligibility Criteria|
|ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (BS-20/TTS)|
||Under Basic Pay Scale (BPS)
|ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (BS-19/TTS)|
||Under Basic Pay Scale (BPS)
||First class MS/ MPhil/ Equivalent
degree awarded after 18 years of education in the relevant field from an HEC recognized University/ institution with no 3rd division in the academic career.
Note: Condition of no 3rd division shall not be applicable in the qualification of appointment as lecturer pro-vided that the candidate holds a high-er degree viz PhD or equivalent degree with no more than one 3rd division in entire academic career.
- Ph.D. degree holder who are not already in service, will not be considered for the posts of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor under BS system.
- University of Okara in-service (regular/ permanent) Ph.D
- teachers may apply on BS (if the post is advertised for BS/TTS).
- Foreign degree holders must provide equivalence certificate issued by the HEC
- Al rules in letter & spirit of TTS version 2.0 are applicable where applicable.
- The candidates applying for the post of Associate Professors
- under BS/TTS should submit six (06) copies of application along with six dossiers/ complete sets of testimonials/ research work/ publications/ photographs (1x1)/ certificate of any distinction etc., on the prescribed application form.
- The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professor
- and Lecturer under BS/'TTS are required to submit three (03) copies of application on the prescribed form along with attested copies of degrees/ certificates/ testimonials/ photograph (1x1)/ certificate of any distinction etc.
- The applicants for the posts of Associate Professor (BS-
- 20/TTS) and Assistant Professor (BS-19/TTS) must attach a paid Bank Challan of Rs. 3,000/- and for Lecturer (BS-18) of Rs. 2,500/- as application processing fee for each application submitted in favor of "Treasurer University of Okara", Renala Khurd.
- Prescribed application forms can be downloaded from University website 'www.uo.edu.pk'.
- Candidates already in service shall provide an NOC from their institution.
- Candidates applying under both systems (BS-TTS) should
- submit a separate application along with complete documents together with required postal order/ bank draft for each application.
- Candidates already in service should apply through proper
- channel by due date and submit service certificates issued by their present and former employers, otherwise, their applications will not be entertained.
- Relaxation in upper age limit may be granted to suitable candidates as per rules.
- The quota for disable persons, minorities and women will be observed as per rules.
- The candidates should mention the date of Notification/ Result
- and time period of the degree in the relevant column of prescribed form.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- The University reserves the rights to increase/ decrease the
- number of post, not to fill/ withdraw any post, withhold the appointment against any advertised post without assigning any reason.
- The applications, complete in all respect, should reach in the
- Office of the Registrar, University of Okara, 2-KM Multan Road, Renala Khurd By-Pass, Okara, Pakistan.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in Test/ Interview.
- Last date for submission of applications is:
|Associate Professors:||November 22, 2021||MIRING OFFICE|
|Assistant Professors/Lecturers:||October 20, 2021||TIME|
- Schedule of Interviews/ test for the said posts will be uploaded on the website of the University.
- Candidates' Call-up-letter and Information about Date, Time and Venue of Interview will be conveyed to the short-listed can-didates only.
- The candidates who are abroad may be considered for inter- view through Skype or any other online facility.
(DR. MUHAMMAD TAHIR KHAN)
UNIVERSITY OF OKARA
2-KM Main Multan Road, Renala Khurd By-Pass, Okara Pakistan
Phone: 044-2635326, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org