Database systems have become a necessity for every organization - Banks, retailers, warehouses, and several other organizations use databases to store customers' data and information. Various data-processing operations require the use of databases for storing, retrieving, modifying, and deleting relevant data. That is why multiple companies have opened Database Manager Jobs to hire the right people who can manage data and design an efficient system which is easily managed and understood by everyone working in the organization.
- Bachelors2 Posts
- Masters1 Posts
- Masters1 Posts
- -20 Posts
Who is a database manager?
Database managers develop, maintain and monitor databases of the organization where they are employed. They create data storage and troubleshoot any issues related to databases if there is a need to do so. They oversee the day-to-day activities of database teams and guide them if they face any issues. They also help the organization staff in learning about the database system and how it works.
To become a successful database manager, one should have extensive knowledge of database architecture and hands-on practice of managing such systems as well. There are several roles associated with database management, which are as follows:
- Database analyst
- SQL database administrator
- Oracle database administrator
- Database manager
- Senior database administrator
Job duties and responsibilities of a database manager
- Securing and improving the existing database architecture to enhance scalability and performance.
- Creating and implementing database structures according to organizational needs and requirements.
- As a database manager, you are responsible for hiring, supervising, mentoring, and guiding the database development teams.
- The creation of policies, procedures, and controls that ensure the security and restoration of data.
- Analyzing performance metrics and conducting diagnostic tests
- The development of procedures to maintain the integrity and quality of data
- The preparation and presentation of system performance reports to senior managers. Ensuring that everything is running according to their instructions.
- Updating hardware and software, performing database maintenance, and migration.
- Managing a database in accordance with best practices and documenting processes.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of database trends and developments.
Skills required to apply for Database Manager Jobs Pakistan 2021
Following are the qualifications one must possess in order to apply for a database manager job in Pakistan:
- Ability to analyze, lead, and solve problems effectively.
- An excellent track record of organizing and paying attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ensure the organization data is collected and managed in a database.
- Comply with organization rules and regulations.
- Ensures that the database is structured and designed correctly.
- Increasing the scalability and performance of existing databases.
- Creates backups of data and updates systems when necessary.
- Conduct scheduled maintenance of database systems and ensure they are working properly or if there is a data leak.
- Contribute to teamwork efforts and share your knowledge with others
- Having exceptional leadership skills to guide and oversee a database team.
- Ensure that organization staff knows how to use a database and guide them if they ask for it.
- Having technical skills to get know of how the database system works or needs improvement.
- Business acumen skills to understand what type of data is being collected and what it means for the organization and the end users who use this data.
Eligibility and qualifications criteria for Database Manager Jobs 2021
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a relevant field.
- Advanced proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience of working on several databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL server or IBM DB2.
- An understanding of database technologies, architectures, and data security.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- A working knowledge of database management best practices.
- Having a certification from a reputable organization can give you an edge over other candidates. Some popular certifications include IBM Certified Database Administrator ...
- Microsoft SQL Server database certifications, Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.7 Database Administrator and Oracle Database 12c Administrator
How do you apply for database manager jobs in Pakistan
You can apply for all the latest database manager jobs by following these steps. Check out all the job details and apply if you are eligible for any job.
- An ideal candidate must have all the above-mentioned qualifications before applying for the job of database manager.
- Apply through the mentioned channel or method as described in the job description.
- Take a very good look at the job description and to make sure you are eligible for that job and meet all the requirements.
- See job location as well. If the job location is in another city, remember you have to move to that city for the job.
- Application should be filled with correct and relevant data related to your qualifications and personal life. Any wrong information may result in the cancellation of your job application.
- Only relevant candidates which fulfill job criteria will be contacted by the organization for an interview
- At the time of interview remember to bring your relevant documents (e.g. Degree, certifications, ID card).
What is database management?
Database management allows you to collect, retrieve and edit data. Database management is used by big corporations and organizations to manage user and customer data and facilitate their needs.
What is the role of a database manager?
Database managers are in charge of developing and maintaining an organization's data storage and organization systems. They ensure the security of data stored by implementing several security programs. The database manager is also responsible for supervising and assessing companies' storage requirements and supervising the daily activities of the database teams.
Can females apply for the job of Database management?
Yes females can apply for the job of Database management if they possess the right qualifications and skill as mentioned in the job description. Unless a job is gender specific, females can apply for database management jobs.
What is the average starting salary for a database manager in Pakistan?
Average starting salary for a database manager is around 40,000 PKR and might go up to 50,000 depending on the organization and job requirements. A senior database manager may earn up to 60,000 as well.
What are different job positions available for database management in Pakistan?
There are several roles which are required in database management, these include Database analyst, SQL database administrator, Oracle database administrator, Database manager and Senior database administrator.
As a database administrator, what is the most effective way to advance my career?
The certification of one or more database management systems can help database administrators progress in their careers. Additionally, obtaining a master's degree in information technology or management can prove effective.
From where can we find the latest job details related to database management in Pakistan?
Here at ilmkidunya.com we have listed all the latest job details about database management. Go through them and apply for these jobs if you meet their requirements.