National Skill University Jobs Detail
The National Skills University (NSU) Islamabad is the first federal public sector University dedicated to training Pakistan's youth in the 21st-century skills and knowledge. Notably, NSU is the only University in Pakistan recognized by the UNESCO International Center for Technical and Vocational Education and Training. Its vision is to be a premier institution for skill-based technical education, focusing on excellence and economic empowerment of the youth. This institution's mission is to offer innovative and demand-based skilling and reskilling programs, certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
The University has launched six B.S. programs in Fall 2021. We are currently hiring highly motivated faculty and staff devoted to imparting skills, abilities, and knowledge through unique teaching methodologies. The NSU is committed to producing a workforce to take on the challenges and tasks of a technology-driven world, focusing on human-centric disciplines while keeping the professional and ethical standards in practice worldwide. Its curriculum will reflect the needs and aspirations of tomorrow's workplace.
The initial appointment at the NSU will be under the project "Up-gradation of National Institute of Science & Technical Education (NISTE) Islamabad into Skill University (Part-1)" for one year. Candidates will be evaluated bi-annually, and those with satisfactory performance may be allowed to continue. These positions are likely to become permanent through the approval of university statutory bodies. However, incumbents will have an opportunity to get regularized based on their performance and accomplishments assessed by the NSU Selection Board.
|Sr. No.||Name of Position||No of Vacancies||Technology Domains||Qualification & Experience|
|1||Professors||01 of each specialization||Information Engineering||The Higher Education Commission criteria prescribed for respective disciplines will be followed. For details, please visit: www.hec.gov.ok in the Faculty Appointment criteria section of HEC.|
|Medical Lab Technology|
|2||Associate Professors||01 of each specialization||Civil Engineering|
|3||Assistant Professors||01 of each specialization||Mechanical Engineering|
|Sr. No.||Name of Position||No of Vacancies||Age Limit||Domicile||Qualification & Experience|
|5||Treasurer (PPS-10)||01||60 Years||Merit||M.Com/MBA (Finance) in First Division (CGPA 2.5 and above) from an Institute of Higher Learning recognized by HEC with Eighteen years' relevant experience in BPS-17 or equivalent and above in accounts/ finance in the Institute of Higher Learnings or other professional National or International Organization. OR Associate/Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants/Institute of Cost & Management Accountants with Sixteen years relevant experience in accounts/ finance in the Institute of Higher Learning or other professional National or International Organization.|
|6||Project Director/ Coordinator (PPS-9)||01||35-50||Merit||Master's degree (Preferably in Civil Engineering) or equivalent (at least 2nd division) from HEC recognized university with ten years Infrastructure Project Management experience in public/private sector organization of good repute|
|7||Deputy Registrar (PPS-9)||01||35-50||Merit||Master's Degree or equivalent (at least 2nd Division) from HEC-recognized university/ institution, with ten years' relevant experience in public/private sector organization of good repute including seven years managerial experience after final degree|
|8||Deputy Treasurer (PPS-9)||01||35-50||Merit||Master Degree (at least 2nd Division) from an HEC recognized university in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Commerce, MBA (Finance) or CA, ICMA or equivalent with 10 years' relevant experience in public/private sector organization of good repute including seven years managerial experience after final degree|
|9||DeputyController (PPS-9)||01||35-50||Merit||Master's Degree or equivalent (at least 2nd Division) from HEC-recognized university/ institution, with ten years' relevant experience in public/private sector organization of good repute including seven years managerial experience after final degree|
|10||DeputyDirector (PPS-8)||03||30-46||Merit||Master Degree or equivalent (at least 2nd Division from HEC recognized Universities, (with 07 years' experience in Public/Private sector organization of good repute including 05 years managerial experience after final degree.|
|11||Assistant Director (PPS-7)||03||22-35||Merit||Master degree (16 Years qualification) (at least 2nd division) from HEC recognized university/institution with minimum 5 years' experience including 2-year mid-level management experience after final degree in public/Private sector organization. Proficiency in MS-Office and MS Project is must.|
|12||Assistant System/ Network Engineer (PPS-6)||02||21-35||Merit||BCS/BE (Computer) at least 2nd division from HEC recognized/institutes with a minimum of one-year experience in a similar position or B.Com/ BSc/BA (at least 2nd division) with one-year certificate course in IT from recognized Institute and Three years' experience with public/private sector of good repute.|
|13||Web Developer (PPS-6)||01||21-30||Merit||Master Degree in Computer Science/IT/or equivalent degree at least (second division) from HEC recognized universities/institutes. At least one-year relevant experience with strong web applications development skills and integration capabilities with existing application as well as database. Candidates must have sound professional working experience on PHP, ASP, Java Scripting, etc. and have developed at least two web applications based on either of these technologies. Fair understanding of Content Management System preferably Joomla or Moss and advanced feature of web is must.|
|14||Office Assistant (PPS-5)||04||20-35||Merit||Graduate (at least 2nd Division) from HEC recognized University/Institute with 3 years working experience as UDC in any government/ Semi-Government / autonomous / Private Sector Organization of good repute. Must have in-depth knowledge of MS Office|
|15||IT Technicians (PPS-4)||02||18-30||Merit||BSc (Computer Science), BCS (at least 2nd division) or Graduation (at least 2nd Division) with one-year computer diploma from recognized Institute. One-year experience in relevant field.|
|16||Lab Technician (PPS-4) Mechanical||04||18-25||Merit||DAE 1st Division from a recognized institution with one-year experience in relevant field.|
|17||Lab Technician (PPS-4) Civil||02||18-25||Merit||DAE 1st Division from a recognized institution with one-year experience in relevant field.|
|18||NO/ Attendant (PPS-1)||04||18-25||Local / Merit if suitable candidate not available||Matriculate with one-year experience|
|19||Mali/Baildar (PPS-1)||08||18-25||Local / Merit if suitable candidate not available||Two years' experience as Mali|
- Foreign qualified candidates must attach equivalence certificates from Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- The quota for minorities and disabled will be strictly followed where applicable.
- All educational degrees/certificates/diplomas shall be accredited from relevant accredited institutes and other relevant bodies
- All technology/engineering degrees shall be accredited from National Technology Council Pakistan/PEC in the relevant disciplines and other relevant bodies
How to Apply
- The candidates have to submit five complete sets of application on prescribed form (can be downloaded from www.nsu.edu.pk) for the positions of Professors / Associate Professors, three sets for the post of Assistant Professors / Lecturer, and two sets for remaining positions bearing attested copies of degrees, certificates and one photograph for each set.
- MANDATORY -The candidates applying for teaching positions should also submit a softcopy of their dossiers in PDF form through email at hr(@nsu.edu.pk along with their filled and signed applications.
- Processing fee on challan form downloaded from www.nsu.edu.pk can be deposited in any branch of Habib Bank Limited, and university copy must be attached with the application as per following.
- Serial No. 1-2 & 5-------Rs. 5,000/-
- Serial No. 3 & 6-9-------Rs. 3,000/-
- Serial No. 4 & 10-11----Rs. 1,000/-
- Serial No. 12-14---------Rs. 250/-
- Serial No. 15-19---------No Fees Required
- Candidates applying for more than one posts should submit a separate application form along with a separate processing fee.
- In-service candidates of public sector organizations must apply through proper channel and submit NOC along with the application. No application will be entertained without NOC.
- All applicants should attach service certificate(s) issued by their present and former employers by the due date; otherwise, their applications will not be entertained.
- Only the candidates who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria should apply.
- The applicant must mention the name of the post on the left corner of the envelope.
- Applications must reach the undersigned within 20 days of publication of this advertisement. Incomplete applications or received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Five years general relaxation is allowed in the upper age limit as per rules.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in the test/interview.
- Incomplete / late applications will not be entertained.
- The University reserves the rights:
- Not to fill any vacancy without assigning any reason thereof or consider a person for appointment in a lower cadre against the posts advertised.
- To shortlist the candidates based on academic qualification/test as may be determined by the university. Only eligible/shortlisted candidates will be called for test/interview.
- To increase/decrease the number of vacancies as per availability of funds.
National Skills University Islamabad
Faiz Ahmed Faiz Road H-8/1, Islamabad