National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited Jobs Detail
National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDC) is a public limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2017. The Company owns and operates the high voltage transmission system in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the AJK. The Company employs a staff of over ten thousand for managing the transmission network.
Consistent with the objectives of the government to reform the power sector, the Ministry of Energy (Power Division) and the Board of Directors of the Company have initiated action plans to transform the Company into a dynamic corporate entity to meet with the emerging challenges in the power sector in the country. These include improving system reliability, extending the network to acquire/transmit power from the new generation and import power from neighboring countries, and instituting a range of reforms in all the Company's functional areas. Specific initiatives include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of strategic business plan and rationalization of organizational structure;
- Establishing the mechanism for streamlining processes and procedures for timely completion of projects;
- Introducing a performance-based compensation system and initiating performance audits;
- Implementation of organizational restructuring, Enterprise Resource Planning and SCADA projects;
- Ensuring efficient and speedy Procurement;
- Automating and managing the regulatory compliance for NEPRA;
- Overseeing the implementation of NTDC actions with respect to CTBCM;
- Reducing the Transmission Losses inline with NEPRA targets and International benchmarking ;
- Manage strategic initiatives undertaken to improve system reliability and security;
- Ensuring smooth coordination with Ministries, Planning Commission, NEPRA, CPPAG, PPIB, AEDB, PPMC, WAPDA, DISCOs, GENCOs along with International funding agencies, etc.
To realize these objectives, the Company intends to engage a well-reputed professional to lead the Company through this transformation plan.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Managing Director will report to the Company's Board of Directors and actively work to transform the Company to support the growth of the power market in the country and deliver value to its shareholders and customers. In addition to management of operations, the Managing Director will be responsible for extension in the network, development and implementation of strategic plans and initiatives to achieve the performance targets set by the government and the Board. Build and groom teams of seasoned, energetic and dedicated professionals for future leadership and succession planning. The ideal candidate must demonstrate visionary leadership skills and possess management and team-building capabilities and experience.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering would be the minimum requirement. A Master's degree in Engineering or Business Management from HEC recognized/accredited Universities would be a desirable plus. The candidate must have twenty years overall post-qualification professional experience in corporate entities, preferably in the utility management sector, out of which five years' experience must be at senior management position as CEO or directly reporting to the CEO. For the public sector candidate, the overall experience of twenty years should include a minimum of three years at grade 20 or equivalent positions as CEO or directly reporting to the CEO.
REMUNERATION AND AGE
The assignment will be on contract for three years, extendable by mutual consent. The candidate should not be more than 58 years of age on the closing date of this advertisement. A market-based competitive package will be offered commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates having relevant qualifications and experience should apply along with:
- Filled/Completed Performa (available on NTDC's website) in the format prescribed in "Annexure A" to the Public-Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 along with detailed CV;
- A declaration (available on NTDC's website) as per the format at "Annexure B" of the Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 that the applicant is not ineligible to act as a Managing Director, as per the Fit and Proper Criteria prescribed in Schedule II of the said Guidelines;
- Copies of degrees and certificates;
- A recent passport size photograph, a copy of CNIC/NICOP or passport, at least two references, and experience certificates.
- Prescribed Application Form, Declaration Form, and the Fit and Proper Criteria for the post of Managing Director of a Public-Sector Entity can be downloaded from NTDC's website (www.ntdc.gov.pk/careers) as well as from the Ministry of Energy website (www.mowp.gov.pk).
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided for the interview.
- The application along with attachments should be emailed at email@example.com on or before 15th December 2021 and the hard copies should be sent at the address given below subsequently.
General Manager (HR) NTDC 2nd Floor, Hall No. 8, Shaheen Complex, Egerton Road Lahore, Pakistan
Tel: +92-42-99205523, +92-42-99202574, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On 03 Jan
Last Date 17 Jan
Posted On 02 Jan
Last Date 17 Jan
Posted On 24 Dec
Last Date 03 Jan
Posted On 21 Dec
Last Date 03 Jan