National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited is a public limited Company incorporated under the Companies Ordinance 1984 (Now Companies Act, 2017). The Company owns and operates the high voltage transmission system in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the AJK. The Company employs a staff of over ten thousand for managing the transmission network. The Company is looking for a high caliber experienced individual for the followins position, purel on a contract basis:
GENERAL MANAGER (HUMAN RESOURCE)
- Participate and lead the HR strategy formulation exercise in consultation with the senior management of the Company by outlining how HR can be aligned to achieve NTDC's vision, mission, and objectives;
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures align with the Company's strategic objectives, applicable labor laws of the country, and best global HR practices;
- Formulate human resource philosophy that will govern the Company's actions concerning Human Resource Management;
- Frame and implement HR policies, develop and review the organizational structure, plan and implement training system for Human Resource development, update and implement a performance management system;
- Review the recruitment and selection methodologies and standards, revise compensation structure, and formulate motivational plans for NTDC employees;
- Lead and manage the Human Resources department and play a key role in facilitating change management;
- Ensure implementation of human resource strategies by establishing departmental accountabilities, talent acquisition, career planning, compensation & benefits, health & welfare benefits, succession planning, recognition & retention, and compliance;
- Develop a Competency Framework to support Company's ambitions to continually improve employee skills, aligning them to the organization's requirements;
- Ensure that a robust HR Management Information System is implemented with the objective of assisting senior management in the decision making;
- Handle employee relations efficiently by leading the negotiations from both operational and strategic perspectives;
- Deal with CBA/union(s) prudently and encourage their participation in the change initiatives of the Company;
- The position is based in Lahore, Pakistan, and directly reporting to Managing Director NTDC. The selected incumbent will work closely with the Board of Directors NTDC for the above matters and ensure implementations and monitoring of all HR functions.
Qualification, Experience & Age
- Master degree in HR / Business Administration / Public Administration / Management / Law / Social Sciences from an accredited foreign/local institution recognized by HEC, Pakistan, with at least twenty (20) years relevant professional experience at management level positions including three (03) years experience at senior level human resource management position directly reporting to head of the organization in a reputed Private/ Public sector organization.
- The candidate with the higher qualification, foreign qualification, having Membership of Professional HR, OD, and Management bodies would be given preference.
- The candidate having experience in corporate restructuring at the senior level would be given preference.
- The candidate having experience of the multinational organization(s) and overseas experience would be given preference.
- The candidate should be up to 50 years of age on the closing date of this advertisement. NTDC's serving officers fulfilling other pre-requisites can apply with the exception of the upper age limit.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of working in teams and maintaining an effective liaison with all the stakeholders;
- The candidate with strong leadership, change management, negotiation, conflict resolution, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and high drive for achieving management objectives in the context of the transformational restructuring of a renowned largescale organization(s) and diverse experience at various levels will be given an advantage;
- The candidate must be proficient in commonly used office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.;
- The candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and communication skills along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Tenure and Remuneration
- Market compatible remuneration (negotiable as per qualification and experience) with fringe benefits as agreed between the candidate and the Company shall be offered to the selected candidate.
- The successful candidate will be offered initially three years contract, extendable annually upon satisfactory performance with mutual consent. During the first tenure of three years, annual increments will be admissible based on performance evaluation as per company policy. LE
How to Apply and General Instructions
- The interested candidates are advised to visit the NTDC website: www.ntdc.com.pk/careers to apply online on the prescribed application form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. No TA/DA will be provided for the interview.
- The candidates appearing in the interview must bring their COVID-19 vaccination certificate, original CNIC, original educational certificates along with photocopies duly verified by HEC and verified copies of experience certificate(s).
- Concealment of fact(s) and misleading information will disqualify the candidate at any stage of the recruitment and even after selection.
- NTDC is an equal opportunity employer and all genders are encouraged to apply.
- NTDC reserves the right to withhold the recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason. A detailed CV, copy of credentials (Education, work experience, and CNIC), and recent passport size photograph along with the print of Online Filled prescribed application form must reach the following address by Monday, October 18, 2021 courier service or Pakistan post etc.