Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry Jobs Detail
Policy Advisory Board of FPCCI has been given the mandate by FPCCI to provide research-based support to FPCCI Members, Standing Committees and Joint Business Councils/Chambers and will develop research, analysis, policy advocacy, and publications facilities; and, influence/advocate macroeconomic, industrial, agriculture, energy, Taxation/tariffs, ease of doing business, and trade policies. Policy Advisory Board solicits applications for the following contractual positions (3-Year) - with a 6-Month probation period (inclusive) - which offer market-competitive salary and benefits packages to selected candidates. Applicants with expertise in statistical and econometric software like R, Stata, EViews, SPSS and others will be highly preferred for all the following positions. Junior Researchers are expected to have basic understanding of the above-mentioned software.
HEAD OF POLICY RESEARCH UNIT (PRU) (1)
- PhD in Economics from a reputable university with a major in macroeconomics, international trade, industrial economics, public-sector economics or development economics.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working on macroeconomic framework, trade and industry with academia, government, private-sector organizations or think tanks; with research preferably on macroeconomic indicators, frameworks, trade or industrial economics-related issues; including 3 publications in HEC-recognized journals or research/advocacy work on industrial economics or international trade-related topics.
- Should be comfortable conducting business and industry surveys - and, should have strong communication skills with ability to write frequent articles, blogs and short policy notes for FPCCI.
- The Head of the Unit will be result-oriented with ability to lead and develop teams, strategize advocacy work and formulate policy documents; and, compile regular industry/sectorial reports and strategy papers for the Board.
SENIOR RESEARCHER - ENERGY (1)
- PhD, MPhil or Masters in Economics or Energy Economics from a reputable university.
- A knowledgeable individual having prior five or more years of research and analytical experience vis-a-vis energy sector in government, private-sector, think tanks or academia and will be expected to bring in specialized knowledge of energy sector research, planning & policy management and make useful contributions based on past research or consulting publications in energy sector; including career in research related to national energy policy & tariffs; which have been noticed at the policy level.
- Well aware of data sources, data collection practices, generation of surveys and quantitative assessments related to the energy sector.
- Be well aware of the energy and tariffs environment of Pakistan and regional countries; as well as that of international energy sector trends.
SENIOR RESEARCHER - TAXATION (1)
- PhD, MPhil or Masters in Economics or Business from a reputable university or CA/ACCA/CIMA or other relevant disciplines.
- A knowledgeable individual having prior five or more years of research and analytical experience vis-à-vis taxation policy in government, private-sector, think tanks and academia. He will be expected to bring in specialized knowledge of tax application and policies and make useful contributions based on past research, consultancy or publications in taxation; including career in research related to taxation policy; which has made significant change at the policy level.
- Well aware of data sources, data collection practices, generation of surveys and quantitative assessments related to taxation.
- Must be well aware of the tax environment ofPakistan, regional countries as well as that of international trends.
SENIOR RESEARCHER -AGRICULTURE (1)
- PhD, MPhil or Masters in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or Agribusiness from a reputable university.
- A knowledgeable individual having five years of prior research and analytical experience vis-a-vis agricultural, horticultural and other agri-business related policies in government, private-sector, think tanks or academia. He will be expected to bring in specialized knowledge of agriculture-related policy frameworks and make useful contributions based on research or consulting publications with career research which has made a high impact at policy level.
- Well aware of data sources, data collection practices, generation of surveys and quantitative assessments; with strong background in econometrics & statistics-based agricultural research.
- Must be well aware of the agricultural business environment of Pakistan, regional countries as well as that of international trends.
JUNIOR RESEARCHERS (3)
- Masters or Bachelors in Economics, Public Finance, International Trade, Actuarial Sciences or Business from a reputable university. Preference will be given to students who have studied advanced courses in macroeconomics, international trade, public finance or development economics at undergraduate level. Masters students currently enrolled in part-time programs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum one year of professional experience working in industry, academia, government sector in either industry, trade, taxation or any economics-related field. This requirement will be waived off for candidates having proven research capabilities during their undergraduate years.
- Must be tech savvy and well aware of data sources, data collection practices, generation of surveys and quantitative assessments
Last Date to Apply: 2nd October 2021
Submit your CVs to email@example.com
Policy Advisory Board
The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI)
Posted On 18 Jan
Last Date 31 Jan
Posted On 03 Nov
Last Date 13 Nov
- Masters1 Posts
Posted On 20 Sep
Last Date 02 Oct