The Center of Excellence in Mineralogy and The Area Study Center established by the Federal Government at the University of Balochistan, Quetta, as multidisciplinary higher education institutes, seek the services of competent & dynamic candidates possessing the requirements/qualifications against the following Vacant Positions:
Center of Excellence in Mineralogy, University of Balochistan, Quetta
Area Study Center for Middle East & Arab Countries, University of Balochistan, Quetta
|Upper Age Limit
|Qualification / Criteria
- Ph.D. degree in relevant field from a Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized university / institute.
- Ph.D. degree in International Relations, Political Science, History preferably in Arab and Middle East Countries from a HEC recognized university/institute.
All Disciplines Excluding Engineering IT, Medical, Law and Arts and Design (https://hec.gov.pk/english/
- In the 1st instance, those candidates will be considered who meet the HEC criteria for the post cif Professor (BPS-21) and the candidate selected among them will be appointed as Director (BPS-21).
- In case no candidate is found eligible/suitable for appointment as Director (BPS-21), then those candidates will be considered who meet HEC criteria for the post of Associate Professor (BPS-20) and the candidate selected among them will be appointed as Director (BPS-20).
- The post of Director would be in BPS-20/21. However, once appointed as Director, being the administrative post, the candidate may not be allowed to apply for TTS faculty.
- Eligibility criteria for the post of Professor and Associate Professor are available on the HEC website:
- Candidates from all over Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- The appointment would be made for the tenure of four years. If the selected candidate does not belong to the Center concerned, the appointment would be made either on a deputation or contract basis for a fixed term of four years.
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria can obtain the Application Form from the website of the University of Balochistan (www.uob.edu.pk).
- The application processing fee of Rs. 5,000/= (NON-REFUNDABLE) in the shape of Bank Demand Draft in favor of the Treasurer, University of Balochistan or via bank challan form of the University of Balochistan in the HBUABL Bank University Branch (http://web.uob.edu.pktuob/Bank/index.php) must be deposited along with the application form.
- All candidates are required to submit 05 sets of applications in the shape of dossier along with C.V., details of research publications in HEC recognized Journals in the relevant field, 05 photographs, attested copies of academic degrees and other credentials in the H.R Department (Room# 31) of the Establishment Section.
- Applicants already in service should apply through proper channel along with NOC issued by the competent authority of their parent departments by the due date, otherwise, their applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications or received after the due date, not fulfilling the minimum criteria or without processing fee would not be accepted in any case.
- The Selection Board for interviews will be held in the University of Balochistan Quetta. No T.A/D.A is admissible.
- Canvassing in any manner or form will disqualify the candidate.
- The last date for submission of the application form is 11th February, 2022.
- Applications may be delivered personally or by post to the H.R Department (Room#31) of the Establishment Section) within due date. For more information, please contact the H.R Department during office hours Phone No. 081-9211268.
- The University of Balochistan reserves the right to cancel the said position without any reason.
Note: Errors and Omissions are liable to be rectified.
Dr. Farhat lqbal
Registrar, University of Balochistan, Sariab Road, Quetta.
Tel: 081-9211268 Fax: 081-9211277