Sukkur Electric Power Company SEPCO Jobs Detail
SEPCO is a Govt. owned Power Company mandated under its license to provide electricity to customers in upper Sindh. SEPCO has created a new department Market Implementation & Regulatory Affairs Department (MIRAD). This Department will be headed by a Director General MIRAD. The company intends to hire a dynamic personality for the post of Director General. This position will provide leadership and direction to company for implementation of respective actions for the development of competitive electricity market in Pakistan and its operations afterwards. The MIRAD functions include bilateral power purchase contract agreement, legal and regulatory affairs, billing and settlement with market operators, demand forecasting and transmission planning. The department will be an interface between SEPCO and Competitive Trading Bilateral Contract Market (CTBCM).
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The incumbent will be hired as Director General who will head the new Market Implementation and Regularity Affairs Department (MIRAD) and will work with Senior Management and support Board of Directors in taking decisions during implementation and operationalization of the Electricity Market.
The DG MIRAD will lead, manage and coordinate, internally (with SEPCO) and externally (with other entities such as CPPA, NEPRA, PPIB and other DISCOs etc.), the activities relating to the electricity market.
Main responsibilities of the position include the following but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the implementation of SEPCO's actions with reference to CTBCM implementation road map.
- Ensuring compliance of the regulatory directions pursuant to the electricity market capacity obligations of SEPCO are met.
- Leading contract negotiations and overseeing administration of the credit covet-.
- Facilitating SEPCO in the dispute resolution pertaining to the market contracts.
- Overseeing the preparation of project documents and leading the preparation of Strategic Business Plan for SEPCO through close liaison with senior management and frequent interaction with SEPCO Board.
- Overseeing Demand Forecasting and Transmission Planning activities within SEPCO to ensure smooth functioning of the market.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
Qualification: Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Finance or Accounting or Law or Management Science from reputable HEC recognized universities, Master's Degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 15-years of total experience including at least 10-years of experience in power or related sectors. The candidate should possess strong knowledge of the technical, commercial and financial matters of the utility business / power sector along with regulatory affairs, contract management and legal issues.
The candidate with sound knowledge/experience of competitive electricity markets will have added advantage. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team building and management experience of running new establishments at senior level from base.
The candidate must be able to independently handle the challenging situations of market identifying the best opportunities keeping in view interest of SEPCO.
Market based negotiable package.
Up to 55 years at the time of application.
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position will initially be for 3 years contractual is subject to annual performance evaluation by CEO / Boa
- This position is a non-pensionable, no long term benefit and shall not be converted into permanent position at any stage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- SEPCO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and any or all applications can be rejected without assigning any reason.
- No application will be accepted by hand.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 15 days from the date of publication of advertisement.
- SEPCO reserves the right to withhold or cancel the whole recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Candidates working in Govt / Semi-Govt / Autonomous public organizations are required to mention it clearly. NOC from parent Department / Organization should be attached.
- No TA / DA is admissible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application should be submitted online at www.pitc.com.pk/sepco-jobs as well as through post along with detailed CV, attested copies testimonials, three references and recent photograph, to the undersigned.
Human Resource & Admin Director
Sukkur Electricity Power Company (SEPCO), Sukkur
SEPCO Headquarter, Admn: Building, Thermal Power Station, Old Sukkur.
- Masters1 Posts