Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) Jobs Detail
Applications Invited for the Position of
Director General (MIRAD) in LESCO
The Lahore Electric Supply Company Limited (LESCO) is a Public Limited Company owned by the Government of Pakistan, incorporated under the Companies Ordinance 1984 and is registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP). LESCO distributes and supplies electricity to more than 5.1 million consumers within defined geographical areas of Lahore, Kasur, Okara, Sheikhupura and Nankana Districts. LESCO is offering an opportunity to exhibit abilities and enlighten career as it intends to hire services for a senior independent position of a qualified professional who has sound knowledge of technical, financial matters, regulatory affairs, contract management and legal issues to establish and lead a newly created department in LESCO titled as Market Implementation and Regulatory Affairs Department (MIRAD).
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The incumbent will be hired as Director General who will head the Market Implementation and Regulatory Affairs Department (MIRAD) and will work with Senior Management and support of BOD in taking decisions during implementation and operationalization of the Electricity Market. The head of MIRAD will lead, manage and coordinate, internally (within LESCO) & externally (with other entities such as CPPA, NEPRA, PPIB and other DISCOs etc.), the activities relating to the electricity market. Main responsibilities of the position include the following but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the implementation of LESCO's actions with reference to CTBCM implementation road-map
- Ensuring compliance of the regulatory directions pursuant to the electricity market.
- Overseeing the preparation of project documents and leading the preparation of Strategic Business Plan for LESCO through close liaison with senior management and frequent interaction with LESCO Board.
- Overseeing Demand Forecasting and Transmission Planning activities within LESCO to ensure smooth functioning of the market.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Qualification: Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Finance or Accounting or Law or Management Sciences from reputable HEC recognized universities. Master's Degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 15-years of total experience including 10-years of experience in power or related sectors. The candidate should possess strong knowledge on the technical, commercial and financial matters of the utility business / power sector along with regulatory affairs, contract management and legal issues. The candidate having sound knowledge of competitive electricity markets will have added advantage. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team building and management experience of running new establishments at senior level from base. 123== Market based competitive salary packages on lump sum basis. I= Up to 55 years at the time of application. I a) Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
- LESCO is an equal opportunity employer
- Incomplete application will not be considered and any or all applications can be rejected without assigning any reason.
- No application will be accepted by hand.
- Applications should reach up to 20.09.2021. No application will be entertained received after due date
- LESCO reserves the right to withhold the whole recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Candidates working in Govt. / Semi Govt. / Autonomous public organizations are required to apply through proper channel.
- The above mentioned position is purely contractual in nature, non-pensionable, no long-term benefit and shall not be converted into permanent position at any stage.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms are available on LESCO website. Applications should be submitted through internet on LESCO website www.lesco.qov.pk as well as through post along with detailed CV, attested copies of testimonials, three references and a recent photograph, to the undersigned.
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR
Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO)
22-A Queens Road, Lahore. Ph # 042-99204811
- Masters1 Posts
- Masters1 Posts