|Chief Internal Auditor
|Leadership & Strategic Management
Review and Assessment of control systems
- Lead the development and implementation of risk assessment and Annual Audit Plan to be presented to Board Audit Committee for Approval.
- Approve Internal Audit Operational Plan and monitor its execution within time lines.
- Change management to make internal audit an independent function to improve corporategovernance of the bank at branch and grassroot level.
- Create a collaborative relationship with line and business managers to develop a partnership between audit and business to help develop a fraud free, well controlled and standardized operating environment.
- Review, assess and test/evaluate key control systems to eradicate fraud in the bank and provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at corporate level.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues. new audit regulations / trends and appropriate audit direction / methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with President & CEO and Board Audit Committee (BAC) and relevant Group Chiefs/Group Heads.
Advisory and Reporting
- Identify and evaluate risks to the organization arising from its business activities, through audit findings, assessment and evaluation. Provide opinions and viable solutions on the
same to management, on an ongoing basis.
- Implement effective Risk Assets Review Framework in the bank and highlight key Risk Areas of Credit & Risk Management.
- Review report forwarded by regional and divisional audit teams on the findings of irregularities and gaps in Bank's operations and activities.
Communication and Team Building
- Provide consultancy to various business groups and functions during new product development/ market expansion and process workflow improvements to review, determine and build internal controls.
- Appraise Board's Audit Committee on the significant findings of audit assignments and achievement of Annual Audit plan.
- Respond to queries and discuss significant and unresolved issues with reference to compliance with the SBP inspection team during on-site inspection for ensuring a smooth audit.
- Liaise with the external auditors in order that both external and internal audit functions could be carried out efficiently and effectively with minimum duplication of efforts.
- Keep abreast Board Audit Committee (BAC) / Chairman BoD about significant issues / exceptions with management response thereto in periodic meetings.
Manage and oversee team's performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Maintain regular communication with the senior members of the Internal Audit Group and keep them abreast with various decisions / discussions with BAC / BOP Management that
may require changes in various Operational Audit Plans.
- Communicate with the management about high priority issues and their resolution in a way to add value to the organization.
- To act as point person for Whistle Blowing Policy and to evaluate and decide course of action to proceed accordingly.
- To develop the resource of Audit in a way that their acceptability be ensured across the Group and in this regard provide necessary trainings and opportunities to enhance their
- Interact with audit staff for assignment status, findings, operational plans, facilitation and other administrative issues, if any.
Masters degree in Business
/ Finance or equivalent
recognized by HEC or CA /
FCA / ACCA.
Experience: Minimum 15
years of relevant
experience including 05
years at senior managerial
role in similar function.
Age: Upto 55 years as of
October 17, 2021.