HEC Invites Applications For Stipendium Hungaricum Program
The Higher Education Commission has announced the Stipendium Hungaricum Program 2022-2023 for male and female students. The interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply after meeting the eligibility criteria. The program has been launched to provide better research exposure to the candidates of Pakistan. This scholarship program is managed by HEC in collaboration with the Hungarian Government. The scholarships are available for Bachelor's, One-Tier Master's, Master's, and Ph.D. studies for which the candidates can apply.
Types of Scholarships
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for such candidates that meet the mentioned eligibility criteria in the specified disciplines.
• Bachelor's Degree (after 12 years education)
• One-Tier Master's Degree (after 12 years education)
• Master's Degree (after 16 years education)
• Ph.D. Degree (after 17/18 years education)
• The candidate should be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
• The age limit of the candidates is 18-22 years for Undergraduate programs. The age limit should not surpass 35 years for students that are applying for Master’s degree programs. In the case of Ph.D. programs, the age limit of the candidates is 40 years
• The applicants should have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent degree program for application in Bachelor's and One-Tier Master's degree i.e. DVM, D Pharm, etc.
• The applicants should have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent Degree applying for the master’s program.
• The applicants should have completed 18 years Degree/or equivalent to apply for Ph.D. Program.
• It is mandatory for the applicants to fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form properly with accurate information.
• Along with the online application form, the candidates must attach the Certificates/Transcripts/Degrees attesting by authorities such as IBCC and HEC. An equivalence certificate is mandatory for candidates with foreign qualifications.
• It is the responsibility of the candidates applying for any professional degree such as Engineering, Nursing, Medical, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Medical Commission, Pakistan Nursing Council, Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners, Pakistan Bar Council, Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council, Pakistan Technology Council, etc.
• The candidates are informed that IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable by the Hungarian side.
• All applicants have to submit a medical certificate issued from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses such as AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C, or any other epidemic conditions.
• After the final selection by the HEC, applicants have to submit a bond on legal paper so that they will not alter discipline after awarding of a scholarship by the commission, and will return back to Pakistan after the completion of the degree to serve the country for a period as agreed by the HEC.
• Applicants have to fulfill all other requirements set by the host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
• After the final selection, the candidates have to submit a bond agreement.
How To Apply?
• Applicants have to submit only online applications at the Hungarian website and also on HEC website. In case the candidate failed to submit online application forms on both platform the he/she will not be considered for further processing.
• The hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage of the selection. However, applicants must keep a record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms.
• At a later stage of the selection process, applicants have to submit hard copies along with attested photocopies of all the original documents. The original medical certificate as well as police clearance certificate should also be submitted. The other documents required are a Motivation Letter, Proof of language Proficiency School certificates, Copy of Passport, and Acceptance of Statement for Application.
• The last date to apply for the scholarship is 17th January 2022.