Attention, law graduates! The HEC has officially announced the Law GAT Test 2023. This is your chance to start your legal practice. The Higher Education Commission is welcoming applications from aspiring candidates who wish to commence their journey in the field of law after successfully passing this HEC Law GAT. The deadline for submitting your HEC Law GAT Test 2023 application is approaching, so apply as soon as possible! Everything you need to know about eligibility criteria, application procedures, and test date of the Law GAT Test can be found on this page. Don't miss this opportunity to take the first step toward starting your legal career officially. Stay connected for the latest Law GAT related updates.
Why HEC Conducts Law GAT?
The Pakistan Bar Council, under the directive of the Honorable Supreme Court, has revived the Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law GAT) via the Higher Education Commission HEC. The objective behind this test is to meticulously evaluate the competence and legal knowledge of law graduates aspiring to enter the legal profession as advocates. The Assessment Test, a prerequisite for application to a Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate, aims to ensure that only candidates possessing a requisite understanding of law partake in the legal profession.
HEC Law GAT Requirements:
- Individuals holding a Bachelor's degree in Law or its equivalent from a HEC/ PBC recognized university are eligible to take the Law GAT test 2023.
- Result awaiting students are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates have submit all the necessary information and documents while applying i.e., CNIC card number, email, phone number, address, Law degree scanned copy and paid receipt of application processing fee etc.
Law GAT Test Type and Syllabus:
The HEC Law GAT test comprises multiple choice questions based on the revised curriculum of Law GAT. The total marks of the Law GAT Test 2023 will be 100 and candidates have to score at least 50% marks to clear their Law GAT Test. In the following table we have provided the complete breakdown of the Law Graduate Assessment Test syllabus and the number of mcqs related to each law subject:
|Divisions of Sections
|Civil Procedure Code
|Civil Procedure Code
HEC Law GAT 2023 Test Date:
While announcing the opening of Law GAT Test 2023 applications, HEC also announced the tentative Law GAT date 2023. The Law GAT 2023 test is tentatively scheduled for 7th January 2024. If there’s any changes in the test date, registered students will be notified through ETC HEC portal and through mobile SMS and emails too. The HEC Law GAT Test 2023 will be conducted in the 13 major cities of Pakistan. Candidates can select their desired exam centre and city while filling out the Law GAT application. The following are the names of the cities where HEC will conduct this year’s LAW GAT Test:
- Dera Ismail Khan
Law GAT 2023 Application Process:
- Create an account on the HEC ETC portal to begin your online Law GAT test registration.
- By providing your name, CNIC number, phone number and email etc. create an account on that online application portal.
- Visit www.onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk in case of any problem or difficulty while creating your admission portal account, or just visit HEC Secretariat/ HEC regional office for solution.
- After finishing your HEC ETC portal profile. Start filling out the Law GAT 2023 application by pressing the "Law GAT Test 2023" button from menu panel on the left hand side bar of the online portal.
- After filling out the Law GAT application, download the generated bank fee challan by clicking the “Fee Challan” button.
- Submit the Law GAT Test Fee of Rs. 3000/- in the banks supporting 1Link 1Bill Invoice service. Students can also submit their HEC Law GAT Test Fee through online banking options, Easypaisa, Jazzcash, and Upaisa using 1Link 1Bill Invoice service.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned copy of their paid challan receipt to their portal.
- The test fee will be non-refundable or non-transferable in any case.
- Press the “Submit” button to successfully submit your LAW GAT Test application.
Law GAT Important Guidelines:
- The last date to submit the LAW GAT test application is 25th December 2023 till 4 PM.
- The tentative LAW GAT 2023 date is 7th January 2023.
- Stay updated! If the test date changes, HEC will inform candidates via portal notifications, SMS, and emails.
- Applications in save mode or incomplete applications will not be entertained. Only applications that have been completed and submitted, along with test fee will be considered.
- Download your HEC LAW GAT Roll Number Slip from the HEC ETC online portal and your registered Email address a week before the test date.
- Provide your current email and mobile number for receiving roll number slips and test updates.
- Bring your printed LAW GAT Roll Number Slip, original paid Fee Challan, and original CNIC on the test day to enter the Test Centre.
- The LAW GAT test will be held in major cities. Candidates can select their preferred examination hall from the Centre list available in the application form, provided at least 250 candidates choose that centre.
- A minimum of 50% score is required to pass the Law GAT. Moreover, candidates must comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council, and they will have a maximum of seven chances to clear the test, which is conducted quarterly by the HEC.