In 1980, 37 years ago from now a multi-discipline and a multi campus premier public sector university was established in the heart of AJ & K. Azad Jammu & Kashmir is the liberated part of the State of Jammu & Kashmir. It is known as the land of wonders and is blessed with unparalleled natural beauty.
The university is one of the oldest universities in the AJ& K and is considered as one of the world’s most illustrious higher education institutions.
The main campus of the university is situated in Muzaffarabad (the capital of AJ&K) and the university has four faculties based in its two campuses. At the district headquarter Athumuqam, a second campus called The Neelum Campus was established. The University continued to expand and grow to cater the large number of interested candidates and aspirants. Yet another campus of AJ&K came into being on August 01, 2015, The Jhelum Valley campus was constructed at Hattian Bala and it awards the undergraduate BS degree programs in disciplines of English and Computer Sciences.
Despite facing many challenges and problems the university continues to fulfil its promise of delivering top-quality education. The university was devastated due to the terrible earthquake of October 08, 2005.To save the precious academic year of students and in order not to put the future of students at stake the university made the wise decision of temporarily relocating its AJ&K campus to Islamabad. The university was shifted back to its original campus in December 2016.
The university strives to provide inclusive and high quality learning experience to its students. The overall amiable environment of the university is conducive to nurture the capabilities and skills of the students. The university believes in imparting hands on research experience to its students. The Faculty members of the university appreciate and encourage the students to exploit the local and natural national resources in the most beneficial way. The students are motivated and given the platform to share their research findings with the international community for the benefit of mankind. The rostrum of faculty is of highest caliber and experience. The well-qualified faculty inculcates humanistic values and Islamic morals in the students. The faculty engages in delivering updated and latest knowledge in their respective fields to their students. The faculty nurtures critical thinking among the students.
AJKU has a very holistic approach. Apart from academic excellence they focus on personality development of their students. Different courses and study programs aim to hone the communication skills of the students. The faculty and students are encourage to achieve advanced levels of proficiency and productivity.
The following facilities are offered at the Azad Jammu & Kashmir University:
- The university has facilitated the students with several well-equipped and state of the art Research Centre and laboratories where the faculty and the students can conduct sophisticated researches and acquire practical skills.
- Much-admired for its dedication towards the student, the AJ& K offers residential accommodation to its students. Most of the students live on-campus. The grants by HEC were efficiently utilized to build hostels in Muzaffarabad for both male and female students and the faculty members.
- A purposefully erected cafeteria is housed at the Muzaffarabad Campus. There is also a sub campus of the cafeteria at Kotli. The administration of the university makes sure fresh, hygienic, nutritious and low-priced food is available at the cafes to cater the students.
- Each hostel of the university is allocated a mess, which is managed by the Mess Committee. The Mess Committee ensures that the food is served to all hostilities.
- AJKU is also very keenly interested and concerned about the health of the people on campus. Hence basic medical facilities and medical help in cases of emergency are offered on each campus by a team of medical specialist. A health care Centre resides in the university with qualified doctors and paramedical staff.
- Masjid and Prayer room facilities for men and women are provided on each campus.
- Counselling services are provided to students who are facing issues and troubles in academic, social or personal life.
- An Information Resource Center (IRC), the Lincoln Corner and a latest, full equipped Physics lab is also located at the main campus.
AJKU Contact Information
University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Administration Block, Challa Campus Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir
Contact #+92 5822 960466-470
Course & Programs Offered
University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Ajku) Muzaffarabad offers more than 81 course and programs in folowing disciplines and study levels.
Above list of programs is created based on data with us. More details on these programs can be found at the institution’s own website.
Some of the programs University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Ajku) Muzaffarabad offers include courses likeClinical Laboratory Sciences BS Vision Sciences MSc Botany MSc Biotechnology MPhil in Botany MPhil in Chemistry PHd in Botany PHd in Chemistry
AJKU Fee Structure
Find our latest fee structure that University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Ajku) Muzaffarabad has in place for various study programs. Find below fee structures for some programs.
Click here for details on AJKU Fee Structure
More on University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Ajku) Muzaffarabad
Expert on ilmkidunya
If you are a teacher or student at University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Ajku) Muzaffarabad you can join as ilmkidunya representative at your university.
The process is so simple: just send your brief details/CV on whatsapp 03-111-222-960 and our team will get back to you.