Sindh Muslim Law College Karachi Admission
The S.M. Law College was established by its first Principal Mr. Hassanally A. Rahman, a leading advocate of Sindh on 28th June 1947 and was affiliated to the University of Sindh. It started functioning at Sindh Madresatul Isalm. After the closure of Shahani Law College, the College shifted to its present building in 1948.
The establishment of S. M. Law College attracted students from all over the country leading to the dissemination of legal education throughout Pakistan. With a team of dedicated teachers and eminent jurists such as Mr. A.K. Brohi, Mr. Sharif-uddin Pirzada, Mr. Justice Wahidduddin Ahmed, Mr. Justice Inamullah, Mr. Justice Tufailally Abdul Rehman, Mr. Justice H.T. Raymond, Mr. Justice A.S. Farooqi, Mr. Justice Noorul Arfin, Mr. Manzoor Hussain, Mr. Samad Shaheen and Mr. N.M. Kotwal the college marched towards its cherished goal and within a span of few years it was considered as the Premier Law College of Pakistan. Those who followed them, were no less zealous and we again find among them many who have distinguished themselves in law and public life.
However an educational institution is best judged in terms of contribution made by its alumni, over a course of time to society and it is a matter of great pride to find so many of them holding the highest judicial and public offices and the leaders of the Bar. Last but not the least are those not so well known who selflessly and ceaselessly stood for the rule of law, human rights and accountability elevating themselves to a place of honour.
S M Law College has one of the oldest Law Library in Pakistan.The spacious and magnificent College Library is an important resource centre, primarily intended to provide undergraduate and postgraduate readers with the books they need for their studies, as well as having a valuable and ever increasing collection of legal works. The Library holds over 50,000 volumes, the core of which is a comprehensive range of legal materials for the practitioner and law student.