Sort Admissions by:
PIFD has the aim to be a professional institute of fashion and design that meets the demands of the industry. Providing the comprehensive education in fashion design that creates the relationship between the consumer and the product is the objective of the institute.
It provides a reliable platform for the individuals to pursue the variety of career options in the design industry.
It is the philosophy of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design to produce graduates who have the ability to connect design skills with manufacturing abilities for making functional products that are equally aesthetically appealing too. It also prepares the students with all the important management and marketing skills for the global promotion of these products. PIFD works hard to create creative designers and talented entrepreneurs as per demand of the new millennium.
In 1994 an affiliation was founded with the Ecole de La Chambre Syndicale de La Couture Parisienne. Meetings were held to make a broad four year curriculum for not only making the students able to meet the local demands but also enable them to meet the international standards.
Mrs. Abbasi Akhtar was the first Principal of this institute. She was involved with competent faculty specifically hired from within and outside Pakistan, to create the curriculum which was completely examined to conform to French standards of fashion design.
In 2005, Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design got an affiliation with Mod’Spe Institute of Marketing, Paris.
In 2008, the institute got an affiliation with the Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences (AIGS), to give necessary focus on students and faculty of Jewellery Design and Gemological Sciences.
Through the PIFD act of 2011, the institute gained the status of the degree awarding institute and the students after the successful completion of their degree programmes will be recognized at both national and international level.
Collaboration & Affiliations
The institute continues to look for the collaborations and affiliations at both national and international levels. The aim is to provide the best learning opportunities to the students.
PIFD works closely with them for curriculum development, workshops, teacher/students training, participation in fairs and exhibitions, student exchange, etc. some affiliates over some past years include
- L’ Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture, Paris, France.
- Design (PIFD) and its Sri-Lankan organization is under process through the Prime Minister Secretariat Govt. of Pakistan.
- Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland.
- Bucks New University, Buckinghamshire, UK.
- Mod' Spe Institute, Paris, France.
- Moda Pelle, Milan, Italy.
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) New York.
- University College of Boras, Sweden.
- Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand – AIGS.
- Konstfack University, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, Islamabad.
- London College of Fashion, UK.
- Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences (AIGS), Bangkok, Thailand.
- MOU on exploring the possibilities of collaboration between Pakistan Institute of Fashion.
- Institute of Industrial Design Co. Ltd. (InstytutWzornictwaPrzemyslowego Sp. Zo.o) Poland.
The management of the university consists of the following
- Vice Chancellor
- Controller Examination
- Secretary to Vice Chancellor
The university has the following departments
- Department of Fashion Design
- Department of Textile Design
- Department of Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- Department of Gems and Jewellery Design
- Department of Leather Accessories and Footwear
- Department of Furniture Design and Manufacture
- Department of Ceramic and Glass Design
The application for the admission can be made through application form. The candidates should follow the admission procedure and check the eligibility criteria before applying for the admission.
Free Admission Advice For Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design PIFD Lahore
Fill the form. Our admission consultants will call you with admission options.