Sort Admissions by:
Jinnah Sindh medical university is located in the center of the city Karachi. The institute is working as one of the top medical institutes of Pakistan. Its former name was Sindh medical college. The university is the pioneer of the modular teaching methodology in the public sector universities of the medical science. Ishrat ul Ibad is the chancellor and Tariq Rafi is the vice chancellor of the university. The students seeking the admission in the university must read the admission policy before applying to the university. The students must meet the eligibility criteria set by the University for taking admission. They are also required to take entrance test before admission.
The institute was first established and started on April 7, 1973 by the Sindh government and then it was upgraded from college to university. Initially Khawaja Moin Ahmed was the first principal of the college.
The initial working of the college started in the Jinnah’s post graduate medical center’s pediatric ward which was the army barrack. In the start, 200 students got enrolled in the first batch of college and only the three departments named anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry were working and after the construction of the new block, the departments of pathology, forensic medicine, pharmacology, and community medicines also started functioning.
The Academic Innovations And Facilities
The university strives to provide the best facilities to the students and the staff. The academic innovations of the Jinnah Sindh medical university include
- Structured education
- Research for the undergraduate students
- Fully equipped laboratory and skill lab for the medical students for learning and practicing medical skills and performing experiments as their practical work
- Library or reading room to support education, learning and research work
- Digital library/ I.T lab that operates from Monday to Friday
- Newly built and furnished cafeteria and a tuck shop for fast food
- Boys and Girls hostel in a safe locality for the students belonging to interior Sindh, Baluchistan, and other parts of Pakistan outside Karachi
- The laundry service for the hotel students
- Mess, common room and television facility for the hostel students
- The safe and comfortable transport facility for the students and university staff
The Aim of the University
The aim of the university is to produce competent medical practitioners, scholars, researchers, and leaders in the profession of healthcare. The university is dedicated in providing top class education to the students so that the students can gain exceptional clinical skills, knowledge, and professional attitude that is important in this profession of health care.
The aim of the institute is also to make its graduates to achieve their position in the ever-changing healthcare sector and then continue their profession as exceptional professional medical practitioners.
The institute is enthusiastically working very hard to produce talented health care professionals and enjoy their positions in the respective disciplines. With the high quality education, the medical university foresees its students as future leaders in the medical field. The students after graduating from the university will be the contributing members of the society.
The Institutes Of Jinnah Sindh Medical University
The institutes of the medical university include
- Sindh medical college
- Sindh institute of Oral Health Sciences
- APPNA institute of public health
- Institute of health & Business Management
- The institute of pharmaceutical sciences
Jinnah Sindh medical university is recognized by the Higher Education Commission and the University Grants Commission (Pakistan). The University is associated with other medical institutions e.g Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, the National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases and the National Institute of Child Health.
Free Admission Advice For Jinnah Sindh Medical University Karachi
Fill the form. Our admission consultants will call you with admission options.