The Institution was established in September 1913 as District Board Montgomery High School. In 1926, it became Govt. High and Normal School. Then in the year 1987, the Normal School was Upgraded to Govt. College for Elementary Teachers and B.Ed classes were started. More than 1500 B.ed students have been graduated from this institution successfully through University of Education Lahore.