Government APWA College for Women Lahore was established in 1958 by All Pakistan Women Association (APWA) Punjab as an intermediate college. The college was given the status of a degree college in 1964 and in 1972 it was taken to the government control. The BSc. Classes was started in1992 and ICS was started in 2000. In 2000, computer center was established with the help of Punjab Information Technology Board.