Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology Topi Courses
There are two regular academic semesters every year. A Fall semester (August to December) and a Spring Semester (January to May).Time duration of both the semester is 16 weeks. The last week of each semester is reserved for conducting exams and each semester has a semester break.
There is an other semester called the summer semester which consists of eight weeks. This semester is an opportunity for the students to improve their grades or to cope up with missing courses.
The normal duration of an undergraduate program is 4 years, during which the students have to complete the specified credit hours. A maximum 6 year time is provided to complete the undergraduate degree requirements.
Each student are assigned a faculty advisor. The role of the advisor is to assist the students in academic matters and to provide them with expert advice regarding the requirements of degree programs.
Each degree program has specified credit hours, the student needs to complete these total credit hours by taking the major core, general and elective courses. The degree requirements are met when the student completes these credit hours.
134 to 135 credits need to be completed for a bachelor degree, depending on the chosen faculty of the student. And in order to successfully graduate the student must have a c GPA of at least 2.0.
The following full-fledge faculties are present on the campus that have various departments in them:
Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Science
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Materials & Chemical Engineering
The medium of Instruction in all courses except Urdu is English.
Programs and Courses in Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Of Engineering Sciences And Technology Topi
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Engineering Science
- BS Materials Engineering (Manufacturing)
- BS Materials Engineering (Nanotechnology)
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Computer Science (BSCS)
- BS Management Science
- MS Computer Systems Engineering
- MS Electronic Engineering
- MS Energy Systems Engineering
- MS Engineering Sciences
- MS Nanotechnology and Materials Engineering
- MS Materials Engineering
- MS Engineering Management
- MS Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Computer System Engineering
- PhD Electronic Engineering
- PhD Energy Systems Engineering
- PhD Engineering Sciences
- PhD Nanotechnology and Materials Engineering
- PhD Materials Engineering
- PhD Engineering Management
- PhD Mechanical Engineering