What is BS History why should we study it / why it is important?
- History prepares students for careers in history, law, business, government, education, and other disciplines which require knowledge of how the past affects the present and the future. It develops creativity, critical thinking, writing and research skills.
- It allows students to integrate a broad base in science and math with a history education. This combination is very helpful in a wide variety of careers, including law, business and public policy
Universities offering BS History degree
- Government College University (Lahore)
- Lahore College For Women University Lahore
- University Of Education (Lahore)
- University Of The Punjab (Lahore)
- Forman Christian College Lahore
- The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur (Bahawal Pur)
- Ghazi University (D.g.khan)
- Government College University (Faisalabad)
- University Of Gujrat (Gujrat)
- International Islamic University (Islamabad)
- National University Of Modern Languages (Islamabad)
- Quaid-e-Azam University (Islamabad)
- Lahore University Of Management Sciences Lahore
- Minhaj University (Lahore)
- University Of Gujrat (Lahore Campus)
- University Of Karachi (Karachi)
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University (Peshawar)
- University Of Peshawar (Peshawar)
- Government Postgraduate College (Charsada)
- University of Baluchistan (Quetta)
- University Of Turbat (Turbat)
Duration: 4 Years
- Total semesters: BS (hons) 4 year 8 semester (each semester 6 months)
- Eligibility criteria FA/FSC/ICS/ICOM Intermediate /A level in relevant subjects
Government / public university
- Approximately 25k-35k per semester package
- 75k-85k per semester or even more than that. (Total 5-8 lac for a whole degree)
Merit List/ Merit eligibility criteria for BS History degree
Government University: 65-75 percent required for admission.
Total aggregate formula
Matric: 20 percent marks
Intermediate: 80 percent marks
Hafiz e Quran: 20 marks
Diploma/Job experience: 10 marks
Private universities: 50 percent marks required for admission
Entry test: 50 percent required
Major subjects of BS History
- English-I (Language in Use)
- Computer (Introduction and Applications)
- History of Freedom Movement
- History of World Civilizations
- Elementary Mathematics-I (Algebra)
- Pak studies
- International relationship
- Research methodology
- Introduction to archeology
- Introduction to geography
- History of Europe
- History of Islam
JOBS /CAREER/ Scope and Future plan in BS History
After completing your degree in History you have these options of careers:
- Art historian.
- Cultural heritage officer.
- Economic historian.
- Geographical historian.
- Museum curator.
- Research office
- Public relations manager
- Social and human activists
- Law maker