ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS & BDS DEGRES IN PAKISTAN
“MBBS and BDS (Admissions, House Job and Internship) Regulations, 2018, as amended by PMDC on its meeting held on 30th May, 2019”, general eligibility criteria for admission and procedure are as follows:
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Intermediate Student, having twelve years education of Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or equivalent with pre-medical combination with 70% marks is a minimum eligibility criteria for applying in MBBS or BDS program.
A-level student, having a course from a foreign education system or university or examination body with at least three science subjects i.e. chemistry, biology and either mathematics or physics and securing minimum seventy percent marks and such course must be recognized by the Inter Boards Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) for equivalency to FSc. or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan.
Foreign or overseas Pakistani students:
Foreign / Overseas Pakistani students completed their twelve years of schooling from abroad and aiming for taking admission in MBBS or BDS degrees against open merit or foreign quota seat in any public or private institution of Pakistan must have passed, obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate, in an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or its education system with at least three subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either physics or math and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC for equivalency to FSc. or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan. These candidate also meet following requirements for admissions:
- Valid IELTS or TOEFL (An English Proficiency Test) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or 500 or have a certification by National University of Modern Languages (NUML) after one year English language course.
- SATII examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCAT with minimum score of 500 is also acceptable for applying in MBBS.
UNIFORM ADMISSION PROCEDURE AS LAID DOWN BY PMDC
- Application for applying in MBBS in public or private medical institutions through Admitting University (the University which is responsible for conducting Entry Test and preparing merit of MBBS / Colleges of respective province).
- UHS, Lahore for Punjab, Federal, Baluchistan & AJK
- LUMHS, Jamshoro/DUMS, Karachi/SMBBU Larkana through NTS for Sindh
- KMU, Peshawar for KPK
- NUMS, Islamabad for medical and dental colleges under military
- After the submission of application in respective admitting university, province wise centralized Entry Test will be held & merit will be made by respective Admitting University.
GENERAL MERIT FORMULA
- After appearing in MDCAT / Entry Test, respective Admitting University of each province will start admission procedure for its affiliated medical colleges and merit will be calculated as per following weightage formula:-
- 50% of F.Sc (Pre Medical) / HSSC / Equivalent; and
- 50% of MDCAT / Entry Test.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION IN PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES
As per New Admission Regulations 2018 and amended on 30th May 2019 by PMDC, candidate desirous for admission in private medical college will also submit his/her father/guardian latest year income tax & wealth statement which will be equivalent to five years of tuition fee. Similarly, he/she will also submit insurance certificate to ensure the payment of fees for the remaining years’ study in case of demise of parent/guardian.