MBBS ADMISSION CRITERIA IN PAKISTAN 2020
“MBBS BDS Regulations 2018, as amended by dissolved PMDC in its meeting held on 30th May, 2019”, MBBS eligibility criteria in Pakistan is as follows:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS 2020
Intermediate Student, having twelve years education of Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or equivalent with pre-medical combination with 70% marks is a minimum eligibility criteria for applying in MBBS program.
A-level student, having a course from a foreign education system or university or examination body with at least three science subjects i.e. chemistry, biology and either mathematics or physics and securing minimum seventy percent marks and such course must be recognized by the Inter Boards Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) for equivalency to FSc. or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan.
MBBS Admission for Foreign Students in Pakistan:
Foreign or Overseas Pakistani students completed their twelve years of schooling from abroad and aiming for taking admission in MBBS degree against open merit or foreign quota seat in any Public or Private Medical Colleges of Pakistan must have passed, obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate, in an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or its education system with at least three subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either physics or math and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC for equivalency to FSc. or Higher Secondary School Certificate level of Pakistan. These candidate also meet following requirements for admissions:
- Valid IELTS or TOEFL (An English Proficiency Test) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or 500 or have a certification by National University of Modern Languages (NUML) after one year English language course.
- SATII examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MDCAT with minimum score of 500 is also acceptable for applying in MBBS.
MBBS ADMISSION PROCEDURE IN PAKISTAN
- MBBS Admission Advertisement is usually done in July/August. Admitting University of each Province will do MDCAT Admission Advertisement 2020 this year.
- Students will apply for MBBS in public or private medical colleges through Admitting University (the University which is responsible for conducting MDCAT 2020 or MBBS Entry Test 2020 and preparing merit of colleges of respective province).
- Medical Admitting Universities in Pakistan
- UHS, Lahore for Punjab, Federal, Baluchistan & AJK
- LUMHS, Jamshoro through NTS for Sindh
- KMU, Peshawar for KPK
- NUMS, Islamabad for medical and dental colleges under military
- SZABMU, Islamabad for FMDC and other private medical and dental colleges in Federal & AJK
- BUHMS, Quetta for medical and dental colleges in Balochistan
- After the submission of MBBS online admission application form 2020 in the admitting university, province wise centralized MDCAT 2020 or Entry Test 2020 will be conducted and merit will be prepared accordingly.
MBBS MERIT FORMULA 2019
- After appearing in MDCAT 2020, respective Admitting University of each province will start admission procedure for its affiliated medical colleges and merit will be calculated as per following MBBS merit formula:-
- 50% of F.Sc (Pre Medical) / HSSC / Equivalent; and
- 50% of MDCAT / Entry Test.
MBBS STUDY INSURANCE IN PAKISTAN IN PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES
As per PMDC Admission Policy 2018 and amended on 30th May 2019 by dissolved PMDC, students desirous for self finance admission in MBBS in private medical colleges of Pakistan will also submit his/her father/guardian latest year income tax & wealth statement which will be equivalent to five years of tuition fee. Similarly, he/she will also submit MBBS Study Insurance certificate to ensure the payment of fees for the remaining years’ study in case of demise of parent/guardian.