Good News for all aspiring medical students of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa! Khyber Medical University KMU is accepting applications for admission in MBBS and BDS programs for the session 2023-2024. Students who have completed their pre-medical qualification and have domicile of KPK province can apply for KMU MBBS and BDS Admissions 2023. The university is accepting MBBS and BDS applications for admission in various public sector medical and dental colleges of KPK. KMU Admissions are open for merit-based, self-finance, reciprocal and various other quota seats. Candidates must also have cleared MDCAT 2023 with a decent percentage. You’ll find more KMU MBBS & BDS Admission requirements further below on this page. Be aware of the eligibility criteria and admission process from this page and apply for the KMU Admissions 2023 as soon as possible.
KMU Admissions Reciprocal Seats:
KMU is also allowing students to apply for reciprocal medical and dental seats during these MBBS and BDS Admissions 2023. These reciprocal seats create an opportunity for students from outside KPK to pursue their MBBS or BDS degrees in the province's esteemed medical institutions. Following are the names of the public sector institutes offering reciprocal seats specifically for the MBBS program:
- AJKMC- Azad Jammu and Kashmir Medical College, Muzaffarabad
- MC- Mohtharma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical College, Mirpur
- NMC (Multan) - Nishtar Medical College Multan (Reciprocal Seat for Punjab)
- PMC (Rawlakot) - Poonch Medical College, Rawlakot.
Documents Required For KMU Admission
Candidates have to submit the scanned copies of the following given documents. The required documents may vary depending upon the type of seat you are applying for:
- A passport sized photo with blue or white background.
- Detailed Marks Certificate (FSc or Equivalent).
- Matric Certificate, Matric DMC or Equivalent.
- Equivalence certificate from the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad, if the qualifying certificate is from a foreign educational system.
- Hafiz-e-Quran certificate if the candidate claims to be Hafiz-e-Quran.
- Secondary School Certificate (Science/equivalent).
- Domicile certificate as mentioned in the entry test form.
- Domicile certificate of the applicant's father. If the father is deceased, then the domicile certificate of the mother and the death certificate of the father.
- CNIC Card / Computerized Form-B of the candidate (both sides).
- Computerized National Identity Card of the applicant's father (Both Sides). If the father is deceased, then the National Identity Card of the mother and guardian.
- Parent's valid OPF Membership Card and Foreign Exchange Remittance Card (Valid on the closing date of the application form for admission) in case of candidates applying against Overseas Pakistani's Seats.
- Candidates applying on OPF Seats are required to submit their application along with all documents to the OPF Office Islamabad.
- Certificate of location of educational institutions from Principals/Head Masters of the concerned institutions to be submitted by the candidates of Merged Area Districts (MAD) and backward areas.
- In case the candidate has obtained F.Sc part-I and part-II education from different institutions, a certificate indicating the institution from where F. Sc. Part-1 and Part-II have been obtained is required.
- Disability certificate from Social Welfare Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Disability medical certificate on the prescribed proforma from the concerned certified specialist if applying against seats reserved for the disabled.
KMU MBBS & BDS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students applying for MBBS & BDS KMU Admission must follow the below given eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have achieved a minimum of 60% marks in Higher Secondary School Certificate or F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or an equivalent qualification from any BISE in Pakistan or abroad.
- Candidates who have passed the MDCAT 2023 with at least 55% marks for MBBS and 50% marks for BDS are eligible.
- Candidates with domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/ Newly Merged Districts (NMTD) are eligible.
- Candidates applying for quota seats must submit the requested documents depending upon their quota seat. Candidates failed to submit proper documents their applications will be rejected.
KMU Admission Merit Calculation Criteria:
The weightage criteria for the calculation of Aggregate Percentage for KMU MBBS & BDS Admission 2023 shall be as follows:
- SSC/ Matric or equivalent = 10%
- Intermediate Pre-Medical / HSSC or equivalent = 40%
- MDCAT 2023 = 50%
DUHS MBBS & BDS Admission Procedure
Students only have to submit the online applications for KMU 2023 admissions. No hard copies or application forms will be accepted physically or through post at KMU. To apply online candidates must follow the below given steps:
- Create an account at KMU online admission portal using your name, email, mobile number and CNIC card number.
- After creating an account start filling out your KMU 2023 admission application.
- Separate applications must be submitted for BDS and MBBS program.
- Upload all the requested documents, choose your desired programs and college.
- After filling out the application, press the ‘Submit’ button.
- An automatic challan form / Bank Deposit Slip will be generated.
- Take a printout of that Application processing fee challan and submit Rs. 3000/- (for each program) at any branch of Khyber Bank.
- After the submission of processing fee login again within 72 hours to confirm your payment status.
- Candidates who fails to submit application processing fee or any relevant document within the deadline, his/her application will not be entertained.
- KMU will only accept online applications. Application received through courier or post will not be entertained.
- Candidates can submit their online applications till 12th December 2023 – 5:00 PM.
- Separate applications and processing fee must be submitted if a candidate wants to apply for both MBBS and BDS programs.
- The application processing fee for MBBS (merit-based), BDS (merit-based), MBBS (self-finance), and BDS (self-finance) seats is the same.
- While filling out your applications, pay attention to what quota seat you are applying for. Candidates will be only eligible for those quota seats or colleges for which they applied online.
KMU Admission Schedule 2023:
|Last Date For Submission of Applications
|12th December 2023 (Tuesday)
|Medical Board of Disabled Candidates
|14th December 2023
|Display of Provisional Merit List
|21st December 2023
|Submission of Objections/ Claims Regarding Provisional Merit List
|22nd December 2023
|Display of Final Merit List
|26th December 2023
|Placement In Various Categories MBBS/ BDS
|27 to 31st December 2023