Note the date for the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) 2023! Higher Education Commission (HEC) recently announced that it will conduct the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) via Education Testing Council (ETC) for the award of all HEC scholarships and for admission in MS/MPhil & PhD programs. In Pakistan, Higher Education Aptitude Test is an entrance test conducted by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan for postgraduate admissions in public and private universities of Pakistan. The test is administered multiple times a year. HAT test assesses the aptitude and cognitive abilities of students, including their verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical reasoning skills. All candidates can apply online for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) for the year 2023.
Who Can Apply for HAT Test 2023
- Students who have already applied online via e-portal for the further final selection process for any MS/ MPhil and PhD admission or HEC scholarships.
- Candidates who intend to apply for the HEC scholarship schemes advertised in the future including those Pakistani universities sponsored by HEC.
- Students who are interested in securing admission into MS/ MPhil and PhD programs in public and private universities of Pakistan.
Which HAT Test Version to Apply For?
In Pakistan, the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) has multiple versions, and the version you should apply for depends on your academic stream (depends on your academic disciplines). For the year 2023 the Test will be conducted in the following 5 categories based on 16 years or equivalent education. The candidates must select the correct category while filling out the online form:
|Test||Category||Disciplines||Test Breakup||Test Breakup||Test Breakup|
|English/ Verbal Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||Quantitative Reasoning||Total|
|HAT 1||Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics||30%||30%||40%||100|
|HAT 2||Management Sciences, Business Education||30%||40%||30%||100|
|HAT 3||Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology (Clinical & Applied) and Law||40%||35%||25%||100|
|HAT 4||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological & Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Education, Media & Mass Communication||40%||30%||30%||100|
|HAT General||Religious Studies (Madrasa Graduates)||40%||30%||30%||100|
Date of HAT Test 2023
- According to the HEC the tentative date for the HAT Test 2023 is 28th May 2023 on Sunday.
- Any changes in the test schedule will be posted on HEC website and Education Testing Council website.
- HEC will issue the roll number slips for the HAT test 2023 a week before the test to the candidates who applied through HEC online registration process.
- While filling out the application candidates are required to provide the valid Email and current working mobile number on which they wish to receive their roll number slip.
- Students will also get to know the timing, date and venue of the test through their roll number slip.
- Candidates are required bring a printout of their roll number slip and their original CNIC card to the test center on the test day.
How to Apply for the HAT Test 2023
- Candidates first have to sign up for the HEC-ETC account through the link.
- Candidates have to complete their HEC-ETC account profile first in order to apply for the Higher Education Aptitude Test.
- After completing the profile, start filling out the HAT test application through the link on the left hand side bar of the menu panel in your online portal.
- Fill in all the required documents and download the Higher Education Aptitude Test fee challan from ETC online registration portal.
- Each candidate have to submit the Higher Education Aptitude Test fee of Rs. 2000/- in Habib Bank Account: 17427900133401 under the title: Higher Education Commission.
- Then candidates have to upload the scanned copy of their paid fee challan, duly stamped by the HBL branch, to their ETC online registration portal to successfully submit the application.
Important Instructions About The HAT Test 2023
- The last date to submit the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) 2023 online application is 10th May 2023.
- HAT Test 2023 will be conducted on Sunday, 28th May 2023.
- The Higher Education Aptitude Test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Printout of roll number slip and original CNIC card is mandatory to enter the exam center.
- Application in save or incomplete mode will not be entertained by ETC. Only the fully submitted HAT Test application will be considered.
- Candidates who applied through the HEC online registration process will receive their roll number slips one week prior to the HAT test 2023.
- The HAT Test score will be valid for 2 years (for HEC scholarships and for admission in MS/MPhil & PhD programs)
- If you face any difficulty while filling out your application form or have any query regarding the online registration, please visit the website www.onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or visit the HEC regional offices for guidance.