The higher education commission of Pakistan has announced the schedule of the undergraduate studies admission test (USAT). The test will be conducted for the students that want to get admission at the undergraduate level in universities operating all over Pakistan. The admission test is designed on the scholastic aptitude test pattern and covers all known disciplines of engineering, medicine, IT, management, and social sciences at the undergraduate entry-level. The students after qualifying for the USAT will be eligible to enroll the universities like SAT. Moreover, the universities will announce their admission program independently. The students will apply to the universities and will submit the USAT ETC scorecard for inclusion in the weightage-based merit determining formula.
Eligibility Criteria For USAT
Following is the eligibility criteria to appear in the undergraduate studies admission test.
- The candidates who have passed the higher secondary school certificate or equivalent/ grade 12 education can take the test.
- The students who have appeared in the final examination and are awaiting results can also appear in the entry test.
Marks Distribution Of Admission Test
The marks distribution of the USAT admission test is mentioned below.
USAT having 12 years of education in any discipline
Part-I number of test items (75 MCQs) time allotted 100 minutes
Verbal reasoning 35 MCQs
Quantitative reasoning 40 MCQs
Part-II time allotted 40 minutes
Essay writing skills 400-500 words (either in English or Urdu)
Any score above or equal to 50 will be considered as a qualifying USAT score. The maximum anyone can score in the USAT would be the perfect score of 100.
The test is initially proposed on a quarterly basis to be held in the major cities of Pakistan. In the case of any need, more tests can be arranged by the higher education commission.
How To Apply For USAT?
- The candidates have to register themselves through the online registration portal.
- In the case of any query during the registration, the candidates can take assistance from the HEC regional offices.
- The application submission comprises of two steps such as profile completion and application submission.
- Only saved applications will be considered for the test. In saving ad incomplete application form will not be entertained.
- The test fee of the undergraduate studies admission test is Rs. 1200/-per candidate. The candidates have to deposit the fee in the Habib Bank Limited.
- The applicants are required to send a copy of the fee deposit slip through the courier at the address: Member’s house, HEC sector H-8, Islamabad before the last date of the registration. The test fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The last date for the online registration of the undergraduate studies admission test is 30th August 2021.
- The USAT admission test will be held on 12th September 2021 tentatively.